Held Titan Gloves Review

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oli

Reaction score
I?ve had these gloves for roughly 4 years with high mileage use on road for commuting, weekend blasts and a handful of trackdays. The gloves were purchased from Hideout leather.

Fit/Comfort: I have quite large hands but lanky fingers and these gloves are certainly generously sized, so if you have stocky fingers I?m sure you?ll have no issues with these. The thumbs in typical Held style are rather long, but thankfully Hideout leather were able to access the inner stitching of the thumbs and managed to shorten them slightly for me, so are spot on now. Held do offer a bespoke service, but to be honest I can?t imagine that being necessary unless you truly can?t get off the peg sizes to fit.
These gloves are very comfortable to wear and the position of the CF sliders etc are well positioned so there are no pressure points when riding and the titanium knuckle guards are very softly padded with plenty of stretch material on the back of the hand providing a supremely comfortable feel. The gloves are well ventilated and can be used over a surprising range of temperatures in conjunction with the BMW heated grips. I actually just use two pairs of gloves year round, these race spec gloves and a warmer set of waterproof winter gloves.
The kangaroo construction provides fantastic feel through the palms and fingers.

Features/Protection: These gloves are made of the best materials in the business, kangaroo leather all over, with the major palm impact slider made of thickly padded sting-ray leather (which is supposedly the most abrasion resistant hide in the world). There?s also CF sliders, a massive titanium knuckle plate and a two strap enclosure system, one round the base of the forearm and the second around the wrist.
Thankfully, I can only speculate on their protection as I have not crashed in them, but looking at the spec sheet and how these gloves feel, not to mention Held?s extensive experience of top end motorcycle gloves, gives me great confidence. I am a true believer in buying the best kit you can afford, particularly with gloves, because after a significant wrist/arm injury from a Motocross accident in the past, any thing I can do to protect my left wrist, the better as far as I am concerned. Another testament to the build quality, and the abrasion resistance of kangaroo leather, is that after considerable usage, there are still no holes in the clutch index and middle fingers, which is surprising considering how much use they get.

Value for money: Yes they?re expensive, but they seem to be wearing very well indeed and are unquestionably using some of the best materials, so if you?re in the market for a new set of race gloves, I?d certainly suggest considering the Held Titan Evo?s (The replacement of these).

Hope this review has been helpful to you,

Oli

4a6193bd3a98dbd78bb4cd81a1cc2869.jpg
b8cbcead153c4ab2a5a0368ad6b30b63.jpg

I have the same gloves in white and they are really good. Nice review and good to see they last the test of time, mine only get used on trackdays and very rarely on rideouts.

Great review Oli, I've got some custom Titan Evo gloves too (my right hand is a weird shape due to injury) and there is nothing else like them on the market.

Built like a tank, comfortable, top quality materials. I know a mate of mine has crashed multiple times in his with very little damage, and when he finally did burst a very small section of stitching sent them back to Held for repair and they were sorted without issue.

I crashed in Alpinestars GP Pro gloves and they were absolutely destroyed, I'm not sure they did a very good job of protecting my hand.

My new Dainese Full Metal D1 gloves feel great and the protection looks good but when you put them side by side with the Titan Evos the Dainese feel pretty flimsy by comparison.

I'll not wear anything else from now on, awesome bit of kit. Great guys to deal with too.

Last edited:
I have the same gloves in white and they are really good. Nice review and good to see they last the test of time, mine only get used on trackdays and very rarely on rideouts.

Thanks Soof :).

Yea they're great gloves and I'm glad you're enjoying them too.

They're certainly wearing well that's for sure, especially as they've not been treated with any leather care products, just sponge cleaned with water

Oli

Thanks Eddie!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Evo's and the custom service too. I was thinking of the Daises Full Metal D1's as a possible replacement in future, but after reading your comments I think I'll just stick with Held's offerings. Genuinely can't criticise them

Oli

Thanks Eddie!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Evo's and the custom service too. I was thinking of the Daises Full Metal D1's as a possible replacement in future, but after reading your comments I think I'll just stick with Held's offerings. Genuinely can't criticise them

Oli

Don't get me wrong Oli, the Full Metal are great gloves but they just don't feel anywhere near as solid as the Titans do.

Don't get me wrong Oli, the Full Metal are great gloves but they just don't feel anywhere near as solid as the Titans do.

Oh sure I don't doubt they are good gloves too. Unlike the A*'s you mentioned.

It's just that seeing as the three of us have had no issues with Held the company and their products I feel less inclined to try a different brand. Especially when these gloves are into the ?300 bracket

Oli

Thanks for posting photos Eddie, is a good testament to Held customer service considering they didn't charge for full M2M

Thanks for posting photos Eddie, is a good testament to Held customer service considering they didn't charge for full M2M

Aye, luckily all of the other measurements were within a couple of mm from a standard size.

Back