Remove the red factory pin-striping - 2016 S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobo

Reaction score
Hey all,
Did a quick search on here and google but it's all about putting pin-striping onto the wheels, not removing...anyone know how or if it's possible? Seems like it might be under a clear coat or sealant or sth as can't feel an obvious lip to the edge of the pin-striping..?

Thanks in advance

OEM Cast Wheels

I believe that the wheels are lacquered so you won't be able to remove the red striping without repainting the wheels.

I think it's a bit marmite, either you like them or don't. Personally I like them as the match with the bike colour scheme :)

I believe that the wheels are lacquered so you won't be able to remove the red striping without repainting the wheels.

I had an issue with my new '15 gen 3 when I purchased it.
After I rode it home from Allan Jefferies, I noticed that the red pin stripe on the n/s of the front wheel was missing over about a quarter of the wheels circumference 😳. On closer examination I found that I could
easily scratch the pin stripe off the rim with my finger nail.
I phoned AJ and they collected the bike and replaced the wheel. Since then I've had no issues with the pin stripe, front or rear👍 I don't know if the wheels are lacquered or not, though I think they will be. Don't know why my pin stripe came off so easily, perhaps it slipped through the factory without being lacquered?
Because of my experience with this wheel I'll not try the nail trick on either wheels, just incase..........😕

If you absolutely find the red stripe hideous, you can always add a black stripe on top of it....Did that for a friend and it worked out great.

Latest posts

Back