Changing handlebar grips with heated grips

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregbo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I want to change my grips on my bike, they are heated and I don't use them (track only and I live in the south of France). I find the lip at the end of the grip too hard and after a couple of days on track it's a pain.

Anyone changed their grips to a race type grip? How did you get on with the heating system?

Ive not at all looked at them yet so it may be an easy fix!

cheers

gregbo

Do you want to keep the heated grips? The grips are bonded to the heating elements and are a sealed unit. There are examples of people switching the grips and keeping the heated tubes, but by all accounts it seems to be quite challenging. BMW for example replace the unit for ~?250 (I believe) rather then just change the grip

My hp4 never had heated grips as standard. BMW just took the original set off and put the heated ones in. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

i fit renthal dual compound on my 15 with heated grips...complete pain but done steady its a good job. you need 2 sets of grips as the tubes are thick on both brake and throttle. the clutch side original grip comes off fairly easy with care but the throttle side you need to slice off the old grip slice by slice.

r25sti, that's the best install of aftermarket grips I've seen on a heated grip spec bike.

Guess there's hope after all lol

Thanks I'll get them ordered, the quick action is definitely needed on track, last weekend I rode Aragon and found myself really twisting to fully open, and on that track you are often on full throttle!

(of course I meant to wrote -get rid of- and not -get rid I'd- !!!

Back