Which boots?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
Ok my old faithful Sidi vertebrae boots are on their last legs, they're the only pair of boots i've owned in 11yrs riding! Just thought i'd see what people rate/don't. I like boots to have feel & have heard some boots with inner liners can lack that? Im not brand loyal on these sort of things and would prefer something with titanium sliders as tend to get my oversized feet down on track a bit but thats not essential. Not trying to sound flash, but not arsed about how much they cost, hell i've had this pair 11yrs, i get my monies worth!!
Anyhow your experiences would be appreciated folks
Cheers

I keep looking at the alpine stars racing boots, I like u never really had any else other than sidis and fancy summit different. But I don't know?

jamie link=topic=1099.msg10123#msg10123 date=1341950859 said:
sorry mate but its sidi vortice air for me....just not the chrome colour :eek:
Just been looking at the Vortice, look good, not sure id go for the air ones as im a cold arse. Are they quite rigid or is there a bit of feel in them?

Docta13 link=topic=1099.msg10125#msg10125 date=1341950987 said:
I keep looking at the alpine stars racing boots, I like u never really had any else other than sidis and fancy summit different. But I don't know?
I know what you mean Doc, been having a browse tonight and it just seems you get a bit more bang for your buck with sidi. Looked at dainese & A'stars and dont seem to have as many bells and whistles. May have to go try some on i think

ive had all the sidis and now have the supertechs and no way will i be going back.the alpinestars are as comfortable as any trainers infact the dont feel like they would work but obviously do.

Docta13 link=topic=1099.msg10127#msg10127 date=1341951091 said:
unionjack link=topic=1099.msg10126#msg10126 date=1341951027 said:
If moneys no object then Daytona Evos.

They look poo! Lol
Not quite no object but im willing to pay for quality, sorry but im with Doc on the looks. They don't offer much in the the way of protection other than weather!

I have Dainese boots now but prefered my sidi's, they felt thinner around the toes. I'm used to the Dainese now but had a few unplanned gear changes.

Godzilla link=topic=1099.msg10131#msg10131 date=1341951523 said:
Alpinestars Supertech R Boot
I'm with Godzilla , the supertech r is the most comfy boot on & off the bike !!
Had mine since they came out, crash tested them love em :D

dainese torque pro's for me , though i also still have 2 other pairs of sidis , one waterproof and one pair with holes in

TCX for me. Comfy 100% waterproof but they can make an annoying click as you walk (I'm sure it's not my ankles). Silicon spray stops the squeak for a while but it eventually comes back.

I'm on my second pair as the first did start to leak in very heavy rain after about 4 years almost daily use.

Allan

Johnboy link=topic=1099.msg10130#msg10130 date=1341951404 said:
jamie link=topic=1099.msg10123#msg10123 date=1341950859 said:
sorry mate but its sidi vortice air for me....just not the chrome colour :eek:
Just been looking at the Vortice, look good, not sure id go for the air ones as im a cold arse. Are they quite rigid or is there a bit of feel in them?
rigid in the right places mate, flexible in the right places too. best boots ive had, spare bits available and great feel of protection against broken ankles.

r25sti link=topic=1099.msg10133#msg10133 date=1341951841 said:
ive had all the sidis and now have the supertechs and no way will i be going back.the alpinestars are as comfortable as any trainers infact the dont feel like they would work but obviously do.
each to their own mate but im the opposite, A stars to Sidi and wont be going back

I have some sidi vortice and have had them sonce they first came out about 2 years ago? Still look near on new with no signs of wear. Only down side is they take a little longer to put on with all the clips but not really a major issue is it?

Back