Be carefull

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a similar vein I had a weird one the other day...my own fault but a mistake I'll likely make only once... I'd got off my bike and turned the ignition off, (or so I thought whilst operating on auto pilot) moving the key anti clockwise one notch.

I got back on the bike a few minutes later and noticed the ignition was on with lights and dash on - thought it odd (but assumed I had left it on for some reason) started the bike and went off down the road - got to a fast 'A road' after about 3 miles and pinned the throttle overtaking lorries and a couple of cars in the clear outside lane....only to find that upon reaching third gear and the bike toward the top end of the rev counter *cough* the force of the acceleration turned the key in the ignition anticlockwise into the off position and shut off the bike completely whilst overtaking on the wrong side of the road..... What I'd done was not turned the ignition key fully to the off position when getting off the first time and it was in limbo floating between off and on but the bike still ran! fortunately I'd cleared the cars and had pulled away when the bike went dead and coasted in to a near by lay-by flapping my arm in the 'slowing down motion! What a donkey.

Back