Non-Sport vs Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Tim.

Any truth that a non-Sport 2015++ cannot be upgraded with the HP ECU Unlock / RCK3-4?
I.E. that race teams can't start with the non-sport, open the ECU and start tuning it along with bolting on the shiny bits?

Hi Tim.

Any truth that a non-Sport 2015++ cannot be upgraded with the HP ECU Unlock / RCK3-4?
I.E. that race teams can't start with the non-sport, open the ECU and start tuning it along with bolting on the shiny bits?

Hi Alex,

Apologies for the slow reply, I've been away.
As far as I'm aware it could be done but retrospectively fitting all the required parts (Quick-shifter ETC). But 99% of teams go for a sport and then adapt/programme the ECU for the necessary power/data loggings outputs they want and are restricted to.

The teams who run non-sports tend to run completely unique systems i.e. Motec which utilise the BMW sensors but that's about it.

Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Best regards,

Tim.

Hi Alex,

Apologies for the slow reply, I've been away.
As far as I'm aware it could be done but retrospectively fitting all the required parts (Quick-shifter ETC). But 99% of teams go for a sport and then adapt/programme the ECU for the necessary power/data loggings outputs they want and are restricted to.

The teams who run non-sports tend to run completely unique systems i.e. Motec which utilise the BMW sensors but that's about it.

Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Best regards,

Tim.

Thanks,
So I guess it depends on the series. SuperStock will need to be as Sport model. But SuperBike might as well be a Non-Sport.

Thanks,
So I guess it depends on the series. SuperStock will need to be as Sport model. But SuperBike might as well be a Non-Sport.

Exactly that.

The endurance teams use the space where the airbox/ecu normally sit for extra fuel tank, so the Motec ECU tends to go in the tail unit.

The one that I was lucky to poke around was an absolute masterpiece in how to utilise every bit of space ever...

Back