Baselayers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Certi

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a baselayer for under my one piece and was just wondering what stuff you guys all wear? At the moment I've just got a pair of thermal long johns (separate top and bottom) which are fine but I'd like something that'll keep me warm when it's cold and vice versa.

The two main brands that seem to pop up are Proskins and EDZ. I know Alpinestars and Dainese do their own versions as well but they seem to be twice the price.

Dainese

I have a Dainese 1pc undersuit that I wear with my D-Air suit on track and it's fantastic.

Re: Dainese

I have a Dainese 1pc undersuit that I wear with my D-Air suit on track and it's fantastic.

+1 for the Dainese undersuit. I have one and it's great.

Also have a set of ProSkins. I'm not really a fan of the turtle neck style collar the top has but it serves a purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went for the Two Piece ProSkins option. That way when nature calls you have no issues ha.

giphy.gif

EDIT: Just had a look at the Proskins two piece and it doesn't have a zip or flap or anything either so not sure that'll work.

Last edited:
Cheers guys. I like the Proskins one for the fact it's compression fit, the only thing that puts me off is the zip doesn't look like it comes down far enough to be able to relieve yourself when nature calls.

http://www.twowheel.co.uk/proskins-all-seasons-one-piece-suit.html

I have this 1 piece base layer and have never had an issue going for a wizz as the whole suit is incredibly stretchy.

Personally, I prefer the 1 piece option as you don't have to worry about the top half riding up, especially if you have a 2 piece leather suit (as I do)

I got some 151s as I've been seeing more and more people wearing them round the paddock. I love them, comfy, keep you dry/cool/warm depending on the weather. I've also used Forcefield in the past, they were great too. I prefer a higher collar to stop my back protector or leathers rubbing.

Being a brand-shy tightwad, when Aldi (or Lidl, can't remember which) did their bike stuff earlier in the year I bought a top/bottom pair of their baselayer. It's very good - warm, very comfortable, sucks in the fat in the right places, and the legs and arms are both long enough not to get pulled up by the leathers but not so long as to be a PITA.

Certi dont take advice off Jimmy he wears american tan tights.. 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Youre showing your age there neebor, you must have been living in a 1960's film, lol.

Hein Gericke do great baselayers and I also wear Helly Hansen that I got from Screwfix.

JimmyMac

Proskins / Under Armour - defo 2 piece for convenience.

I bought a 1 piece Proskins & hardly ever used it because of the awkwardness when you need to go to the loo.

Having an undersuit that doesn't allow you to go for a wee is a bit of a show stopper, doesn't look like you can easily respond to a call of nature with the Dainese gear? I'm very happy with the Held 1 piece leathers I recently bought and I see they do a 1 piece undersuit complete with zip that looks like it will allow easy 'access', think I might get a set:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/230223

Forcefield make decent 2-piece sets.

Mainly wear an underarmour compression top.

- Sent from Mobile

Forcefield make decent 2-piece sets.

Mainly wear an underarmour compression top.

- Sent from Mobile

Im sure there's a flattering ;) pic on the forum of you modelling the compression top at Snetterton in the pits but I can't seem to find it?

Back