New Fireblade

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCullenRR

Reaction score
One for any of my fellow Scots on the forum, Victor Devine Glasgow (Honda dealer) is having an "open" day this weekend, the new Blade is on the demo list, all contact details are on there website but possible a good chance for someone to ride the new Fireblade if they want! If I get a chance this weekend I'll head over myself at some point and see what MCN are on about, no interest in buying but who doesn't love a test ride on something new..

Just thought I would share incase anyone else is interested!!

Top man I e mailed them asking for a test on the new Blade... be interesting to compare it to my machine and my RR2 and RR 9 Blades ( 8 years ownership)

One for any of my fellow Scots on the forum, Victor Devine Glasgow (Honda dealer) is having an "open" day this weekend, the new Blade is on the demo list, all contact details are on there website but possible a good chance for someone to ride the new Fireblade if they want! If I get a chance this weekend I'll head over myself at some point and see what MCN are on about, no interest in buying but who doesn't love a test ride on something new..

Just thought I would share incase anyone else is interested!!

Time you headed over there GC might see you there ?

I'm not to sure I haven't been in contact with them, I was going to go Saturday but I've a funeral today and don't want to book something and then can't make it due to a hangover!!! When are you heading over? Have they got back to you on it?

I've only ever ridden a 10 plate blade for a spin was impressed with the feeling of it! Like you said would be good to compare it to the RR

Test ride booked Saturday 1pm it's a solo so no accompanied ride... I've got it for an hour so I need to get my thinking cap on find somewhere I can open it up, see what all the shouting is about.

let you all know

Cheers

I'm not to sure I haven't been in contact with them, I was going to go Saturday but I've a funeral today and don't want to book something and then can't make it due to a hangover!!! When are you heading over? Have they got back to you on it?

I've only ever ridden a 10 plate blade for a spin was impressed with the feeling of it! Like you said would be good to compare it to the RR
1pm booked but Ill likely cancel now. The weather is lousy...absolutely no point when its like this.

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nice one, well it won't be crap, the question will be whether you reckon its worth stumping up over 19 grand for v anything else you can get for that money

Well the standard blade is pretty good, I engoyed my test ride, but how much better the SP is, is very subjective one review I read said the active suspension did not feel any better than the standard BPF forks

Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP

I rode the 2017 SP version last weekend and it's superb.

Looks pretty good in the flesh. Swung bye earlier and had a chat with one of the sales guys.. its bristling with tech... quality finishes, welds etc...but its still an across the frame Jap 4. 20 grand ...would you really on a Jap machine..hmmmm.

Ill do a report on it tomorrow, weather dependant of course

Bet your wondering whats below the flap on the RHS beam ?

b64ca7ea496052d91ebc1afe9526896e.jpg
c692367a42245ff23521a9867cba00e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Stu what time are you booked in at? If it's dry I might swing by when your going on your run!! Is it an hour you get?

Looks wise it looks a bit 80s to me, but that might be a selling point for some of you ;).

Looks wise it looks a bit 80s to me, but that might be a selling point for some of you ;).
Was thinking about Jimmy there Soof... but that 80s paint job probably a bit too 'young" for him.. hes more a 60s guy dontcha think..

Last edited by a moderator:
Was thinking about Jimmy there Soof... but that 80s paint job probably a bit too 'young" for him.. hes more a 60s guy dontcha think..

Lol. He must be 70s with that hair and those dodgy colour combos hehe.

So..1pm today.. guy showed me the controls briefly (very pretty display) Told him to leave it on maximum power, maximum engine breaking. Cant recall what the TC was set at.. wouldn't be using that anyhow..the roads were really busy and having to return it no later than 2pm I couldn't really go far, Met GC, he jumped onto his thou and off we went.

Done a loop round Great Western Road, back on to the M8, across the Kingston Bridge heading to the Airport, getting totally frustrated with the traffic and watching the clock never made for a happy hour. Anyhow gunned it round the perimeter road, through Renfrew back on to the M8 and made it back on time. No real chance to get a handle on it,. I would need at least half a day up Loch Lomondside to Oban or the A86 Dalwhinnie Road to really understand what it was all about. So with all of this in mind here's my thoughts.

1. Front end soft as shite, slightest application of the brakes it would dive, easily resolved with the on-board facility
2. Brakes, nice and strong pulled up quickly (front)
3. That gearbox/blipper is sensational, mine is R.A.F compared to it. No idea what the later gen 3s Thou RRs are like as I've never ridden one but this was a pleasure. Even decelerating hard as I reached traffic lights you just banged it down..clean positive up-change even at lower speeds with a half open throttle was flawless.. they done their homework here.
4. Clutch was very light about town.
5. Fly by wire throttle felt well balanced with just enough resistance to feel "natural"
6. Typical Blade linear power delivery..or so I thought.....till I hit 9k. I had the front wheel well off the deck in 3rd I think it was, It caught me by surprise so I never looked at the dash.......9k and above it felt very fast, I had limited road to work with and had just came back in to a built up area so had to back right off.
7. It felt sure footed, but very little front end response as it wasn't set up correctly.
Like my HP it was very easy to ride in town.

N.B The front brake lever had in my mind loads of travel, compared to my own bike. this allowed for progressive and sure braking but still, I prefer my own setup. I'm sure some adjustment would sort that out too.

That's about it I'm afraid..the hour was up, but I'd love to have one for the day, fettle the front end and sort out the brakes and it would be a rocket ship.. is it good enough to make me want to change..is it ****...mine looks way sexier too anyhow. I think they missed the tech boat and a re playing catch up.. great bike but not as good as mine..

Stuart

Sounds pretty good but I don't understand what justifies the huge price tag, its not a game changer ad you say Stuart I find the gearbox on my gen3 fine but there is room for improvement on slickness.

Back