Cadwell park crash

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front Forks

I would strongly recommend removing your front forks and having them checked to ensure that they are still straight after that particular off.

The trouble with Cadwell is that there's only really one line and if you go off it there's little room for error

Sorry you crashed, I hope the repairs are not "too" costly.

+1 on getting your forks checked

Yer im all good mate the bike was surprisingly good fairings still in one piece just lhs engine cover split and switch gear and screen smashed and no broken bones just very sore lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Front Forks

I would strongly recommend removing your front forks and having them checked to ensure that they are still straight after that particular off.

Done mate still straight bike took it very well

I was there too, My mate dropped his Black S1000RR 2015....

Lol i was in the recovery truck woth him on that lap i nearly hit him as he came sliding across the track then i came off the lap after lol

The trouble with Cadwell is that there's only really one line and if you go off it there's little room for error

My peg dug in and that was it i was off, The line was ok caught me by surprise lol

Last edited:
Yes mate did say he was with a white S1000RR lol... Glad ya ok! My other mate dropped his brand new Panagali but very minimal damage. Seemed like loads crashed, It was so cold which didn't help

Yer im all good mate the bike was surprisingly good fairings still in one piece just lhs engine cover split and switch gear and screen smashed and no broken bones just very sore lol

Glad to hear your alright first and foremost!
Secondly am glad the bike handled the crash well, is a good testament to the forks rigidity

Front Forks

Done mate still straight bike took it very well

That's good news. You may also want to check the lower yoke and steering damper as whilst my front forks were still straight after my last crash, both of these parts needed replacing.

Yes mate did say he was with a white S1000RR lol... Glad ya ok! My other mate dropped his brand new Panagali but very minimal damage. Seemed like loads crashed, It was so cold which didn't help

Yer there was alot of offs and coldest day in may that i can remember lol

Re: Front Forks

That's good news. You may also want to check the lower yoke and steering damper as whilst my front forks were still straight after my last crash, both of these parts needed replacing.

Apparently all thats been checked its with my mate whos a mechanic and hes had it in bits testing various bits and checking the frame etc for cracks or bends lol im hoping i was lucky and was all cosmetic fingers crossed 🤞

Glad to read you are ok fella. Was that a 2 piece suit you were wearing, looked like tshirt was visible across the waistline or is it something else?

Glad to read you are ok fella. Was that a 2 piece suit you were wearing, looked like tshirt was visible across the waistline or is it something else?

Yer 2 piece mate to fat for a one piece lol not the best but they did there job only a bit of a friction burn on elbow very light scratches on the leather never went through or split

Sore one mate for the wallet too...good your OK..front end took a bit of a doing...

Haha yer worse bit is id only just fitted fairings screen etc but luckily the fairings are ok can still be used nothing snapped lol

Glad you are ok Lee, nothing wrong with your athletic build, helps roll with the punches, like myself.

Great pictures btw.

JimmyMac

Back