And so the wait begins...(again)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just had these in from Bahnstormer... parts all in and the build starts.... New frame, swing arm, sub frame, to name but a few items...:fatigue:

IMG_7898.JPG
IMG_7899.JPG
IMG_7900.JPG
IMG_7903.JPG

They started working yesterday on her....and expect to go and collect her this Saturday.... all things being well..

Anyone fancy meeting in Box Hill (07:30) with my loan bike...

CBF1000.jpg

I will keep keep my distance (i will not be able to keep up i mean) and then get to Alton for about 09:00, drop the loan bike of and collect my baby.....

Then spend the rest of the day around the south down/south coast....

Let me know....

I still don't get how it's not just easier to get you a replacement bike.

I don't do 7:30am...

I agree with Alex the rebuild must be costing as much if not more than a new bike. Madness, but hopefully you'll be back it soon enough:).

A car was turning right at a set of lights, and hit the right side of the bike. the cars bumper impacted the crash bung, causing it to bent 90 degrees odd, hence damaging the frame (ever so slightly), along with the fairing, lights, etc..

I will try and get a picture of the damaged from when I go collect her on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not convinced by crash bungs, always used to have them but don't bother with them now

So, a panel that the rad need to bolt onto is damaged so needs to be ordered from Germany.... so another 5 days + way.... :-(

I cannot take another day with the CBF

And they send pictures just to rub it in !!

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Not convinced by crash bungs, always used to have them but don't bother with them now

Agree'd, They may stop damage to fairings but have heard many cases that they cause more damage sometimes especially to the frame

Really surprised it was not written off

+1

I'm absolutely stunned, I would have also pushed for a replacement RR whilst this was all sorted out on a like for like basis, no-one spends RR money to run around on a CBF for months.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with jimmyMac, your insurance company should give you a bike of similar standard to what you have.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

So I dropped off the loan CBF off as it was booked tonne collected and Bahnstormer game me the R1200 GS..... Damn it's a big old bike... height wise.... I was just about getting both feet down.... torque and acceleration was as expected I think the same engine as the R1200RS I had off them a few weeks ago..... nice BUT not my sThou..... I took it for a bimble as the weather looked OK....

a44d123d2dd1d100224bc1534379a031.jpg

141113926cbe686696a3704e485282da.jpg

Saw a couple of other bikes out.... on the A272 (Tyco scheme) near Bramdean after leaving Loomies... they had a BMW event on and saw a few other sThou's but no owners.... anyone on here?

11141bbfad2313394505c0feb10299a0.jpg

9375b905456a6a3dc9e121b2e6df4c57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back