Will BMW 1000rr Alarm fit HP4 ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Johnstone

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the 1000rr "same year " will fit directly on to a BMW HP4 ? BMW are asking ?500 to fit but I can get a second hand 1000rr Alarm for a fraction of that cost.

I can not see why not, there almost the same bike.

why not go for a Thatcher approved alarm though? I dont think the bmw one is

I believe its a direct plug in however requires BMW Dealer to turn the alarm on in the ECU

This is as my dad didn't order an alarm for his 2017 S1000XR; bought one on eBay for ?100 and has been told by the dealer it can be turned on in the ECU by them. Problem solved!

p.s. Note that the alarm might diminish your battery life as when factory ordered the Alarm includes a bigger battery on the RR's.

Last edited:
I do know that having taken the alarm off my bike, when it went in for a service I got a phone call asking what had happened to the alarm as seemingly the ECU was coded for it and was throwing up some sort of error due to looking for it, whether or not you need to the ECU tweaked to actually operate the alarm I have no idea because to me it just looks like a module that is added that is operated by a fob and is linked to the indicators, it is not an immobiliser and pretty much just goes off if you move the bike, quite a large box considering what it does :dejection:

Back