Ben's 2015 S1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ben

have you still got the old front mudguard, if so could you email or whatsapp me a pic as I'm interested. By the way your bike looks mint in black with the carbon parts and full system.

cheers
ian

Can you PM me your number please.

Well, I've gone slightly more sensible, If you can say that. I've just received my SuperCorsa SP tyres, Went for 200 rear again. Read some good reviews about them and have been told they are better for road use than my SC2's. Obviously not so good for the weather but I have high hopes for Feburary that we will get some warmer days :D

Lots of goodies to be put on very soon :D

BST Carbon wheels
Pirelli Supercorsas SP
Ohlins TTX GP Shock - Along side the NIX 30mm cartridge kit to be setup by MCT
47tooth sprocket
520 chain

thumbnail.jpg

I actually can't find the front sprocket at the moment :( It's somewhere about. I wanna say its a 17.

No wonder you and Oli want to ship your bikes to Jimmy?s. You?ll be in the back of the van cleaning it!

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Thats just Oli! :D

I wanna ride up :p For sure will be getting cleaned on the way though ;)

Thats just Oli! :D

I wanna ride up :p For sure will be getting cleaned on the way though ;)

You will have to be very gentle with the throttle and ride like Alex to make those SPs last the ride to scotland, do the nc500, and back.

You will have to be very gentle with the throttle and ride like Alex to make those SPs last the ride to scotland, do the nc500, and back.

I read that they are meant to last like 5k miles as slightly harder material than the SC2's etc. I hope they will : <

No wonder you and Oli want to ship your bikes to Jimmy?s. You?ll be in the back of the van cleaning it!

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Ahem, so much for ?I?m not adverse to not knackering myself before we get going/on way back? lol ...

I read that they are meant to last like 5k miles as slightly harder material than the SC2's etc. I hope they will : <

They?re duel compound, so indeed harder in the centre for straight line mileage.
However, for touring they?re far from ideal, I?d strongly recommend/encourage you to consider fitting a set of Rosso 3?s (or an equivalent) for this trip.
You could keep the SuperCorsa?s for the Summer, particularly as you intend to do a track day or two?

Well the carbon wheels are on. Just drove it back now literally. Makes the bike feel so light compared to the stand cast ones I had. Couldn't do anything much as its dark, wet and have new SP's on. Overall look good and feel good :D

Great photos Ben, that first one with the foam looks very artistic indeed!

Your bike, as always, looks awesome and is a very high spec example [emoji16]
When are you getting your cartridge kit and shock installed?

Last edited:
Thanks Oli, Got to love the snow foam ;) I really like the one with my mates CR, Sadly he only just bought it 3 days ago and it broke on our ride today :(
Shock and cartridge kit installed on 1st March :D :D

Back