Ben's 2015 S1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since the last update I've:
Added GB Racing covers
Added sticky things to the tank for more grip
Had a map refresh to stop it running lean at the top
My rear tyre is so worn away in the middle now from the dyno it's kind of funny, Need some new ones ASAP
20170808_210903.jpg
20170808_210932.jpg
20170808_210938.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one Ben!

Hope you're happy with the fuelling now, the bike should feel very crisp after a custom map?

Any idea what tyres you're going for next?
Perhaps something a little more "road" based haha [emoji12]

Nice one Ben!

Hope you're happy with the fuelling now, the bike should feel very crisp after a custom map?

Any idea what tyres you're going for next?
Perhaps something a little more "road" based haha [emoji12]

Oh I've already ordered another set of SC2's ;)
I have a new pair of M7RR's up there if you can see if in the picture but saving them for when it gets wetter :D

Oh I've already ordered another set of SC2's ;)
I have a new pair of M7RR's up there if you can see if in the picture but saving them for when it gets wetter :D

Haha, I see you're learning [emoji12]
How about using the M7RR's now, and then going for Roadtech 01's for the Autumn/Winter?
Just think, you'd be able to make the trip to the next group ride without squaring off your tyres lol!

Would be a good idea but all my trust goes in the SC2's very paranoid about changing it up :(

Would be a good idea but all my trust goes in the SC2's very paranoid about changing it up :(

Never be afraid to try a new tyre buddy, so long as it's from one of the major brands and you've done some research before hand you can proceed with confidence.

Seriously though, use which ever tyres "you" are happy with :).
But if you are open to something else you'll likely find there are several other tyres which will give all the grip you need on the road, but will last longer and be far safer in the wet/cold

SC2 Race Compound Tyres

You would be far better off not using race compound tyres which are designed to be used with tyre warmers on the road. You are highly unlikely to be able to generate, and retain, the necessary heat in them on the road in order to get the best from the tyres in terms of grip. You might want to try fitting something more appropriate which is designed to work consistently at lower road temperatures and will heat up much faster.

Hi Ben, did you notice my new rear was a Rosso 3 on our last ride? Probably the same as M7RR's in grip, no issues at all in the dry at the pace I set on the day. As Oli suggested, give your M7's a try you will gain confidence in them.

M7RRs will be going on the bike soon I promise! But for now I've fitted another pair of SC2's, In my defence I already had a pair before I posted about this and you all told me to get something else!

If you like using a disc lock take a look at Roadlok. It's permanently fitted to the bike so you don't forget to carry it and once fitted you can't damage your bike as you simply can't ride off as it doesn't allow the wheel to turn, the bike just stalls instead.

Well it happened again...Went for a ride and forgot the disk lock was on, Completely snapped my carbon guard off so a new one is defo needed. Sad times.

Ordered a new mudguard, tinted screen and chain adjusters.

Totally agree with this comment, mirrors needed on such a machine. If don't like stock mirrors could look at some jazzy Rizomas?
Stick your mirrors back on mate, you're riding a 190bhp bike, things happen fast, you need to be reading the road ahead not looking over your shoulder unless its a 'lifesaver'

No went for some weird make on performance parts, most expensive on there so hope they are good haha

Just looked and went for the gilles tooling chain adjusters, black tinted screen and a new carbon fibre front mudguard, Next on the list is to set up suspension and then....I don't know what else to do :( Any suggestions?

Just looked and went for the gilles tooling chain adjusters, black tinted screen and a new carbon fibre front mudguard, Next on the list is to set up suspension and then....I don't know what else to do :( Any suggestions?

Ryan (RyS1000RR) has the Giles tooling HP chain adjusters and as far as I am aware is happy with them :)

Are you going to MCT for suspension work? If so, Daren at MCT would get my vote (I'll certainly be getting all future suspension work done with him after all the amazing feedback I've read/heard).

Don't be sad about not knowing what else to add or mod on your bike buddy, just ride it more and enjoy! [emoji2]

Back