Ben's 2015 S1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure bikes flashed with the RCK are road legal either. You sign a disclaimer that its not for road use, and it can't be reversed.
Try insuring that...

- Alex

Race Calibration Kit

Correct; as soon as you install the RCK the bike is no longer homologated for road use.

If you are only modding a road bike i would only add bits that can be easily removed. Once you start flashing ECU's and installing RCK there's no going back.

Ref the HP Kit, i believe you are referring to the dealer supplied Akrapovic system and power chip which doesn't invalidate the warranty. Its c?2000.

HP Race Power Kit / RCK

The HP Race Power Kit (Akrapovič Full Titanium Race System) can be fitted by a BMW dealership. However if they load the associated HP Race Mapping and Data Release into the ECU it restricts the warranty. It?s linked to the bike?s VIN and is activated via the diagnostic port under the seat and is irreversible. I had to sign a disclaimer acknowledging this fact when I had mine installed and accept that BMW now class my S1000RR as a race bike. The dealership is required to print the disclaimer and get you to sign it as part of the instructions in the RSD. If your dealer hasn?t made you sign the paperwork, or informed you of the process, that?s an error on their part as the update is recorded centrally by BMW as soon as the ECU is flashed and Race Enabled via the port. As for the RCK that will completely invalidate your warranty and again is irreversible. Ultimately both HP ECU updates are not suitable for road bikes.

Surely you can buy a stock ECU and replace it?
If you are only modding a road bike i would only add bits that can be easily removed. Once you start flashing ECU's and installing RCK there's no going back.

Ref the HP Kit, i believe you are referring to the dealer supplied Akrapovic system and power chip which doesn't invalidate the warranty. Its c?2000.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Changing ECU

It?s not quite as simple as just fitting a new ECU as BMW have to match it to the bike. The HP ECU updates are linked to the VIN so they will still know what the bike has been used for and what?s been done to it.

Thanks for replies guys. I don't think it's worth doing for me so I'm going to leave it.

On a side note, I've been told bike is ready to be collected! Apparently they had someone come down from germany to look at mine and another persons bike as they could've find the issue.
Excited to get it again, Hopefully tomorrow

Thanks for replies guys. I don't think it's worth doing for me so I'm going to leave it.

On a side note, I've been told bike is ready to be collected! Apparently they had someone come down from germany to look at mine and another persons bike as they could've find the issue.
Excited to get it again, Hopefully tomorrow

Nice one Felix. Did they say what was causing the flashing clocks?

They had no idea, they eventually programmed the bike to thibk I had a new dash, which sadly reset all my settings, any help on how to get rid of the bloody shift light haha

They had no idea, they eventually programmed the bike to thibk I had a new dash, which sadly reset all my settings, any help on how to get rid of the bloody shift light haha

To change settings, you need to press the settings button on the left hand switchgear until you see the option to enter the ?setup menu?. To select/enter the sub menu, press and hold the settings button you?ve just been pressing until the action is complete. At the end of every sub-menu is an option to exit, which returns you to the previous level so to speak, like navigating directories on a computer.
When you are finished, press the trip icon on the left hand switch gear until you see your desired display.
The trip button when in the settings menu acts like an up button, so in the context of changing the time, the shift light etc, you can just click up and down.

Take care with User Mode, as the default sub-settings are all in Slick.

Hope this helps?
Don?t fret when exploring the setting menu, because you can always undo/revert to default

Last edited:
Well.

Been a while since this has been updated.
About September time, I started to dismantle it and take all my extras off the bike, I sold pretty much all the extras I had apart from the exhaust and the carbon frame guards. I'm glad all the transactions went well as they were all sold through the forum on a trust basis. I then put the bike pretty much stock onto eBay and AutoTrader, It had a bit of interest but not much, I was getting frustrated as the bike was on finance and just sitting in my garage not being used, I contacted Cubo Moto and they kindly agreed to sell the bike for me with a ?990 fee. It was only on with them for less than a week when it sold, which was today. So now I am bikeless until March, Where I will hopefully be getting my next bike. Feels weird being bikeless

Haha, I can assure you there will be full coverage next time, aha!

Back