Rattle from petrol tank

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy

Reaction score
Finally had a few dry hours on Sunday and took the bike out for a play.Noticed a strange rattle coming from inside the petrol tank when i shake the bike when the fuel level was low........anyone else has this??

Worse still was a couple of times when i went to change down the gears the gear lever kept sticking and i was unable to change gear.Put it on the paddock stand and it went up and down the gears no problem...strange.
Checked that the gear linkage rod and where it goes onto the gearbox spline were all tight........need it to stop raining so i can try it again....oh well it's still under warranty :)

I've just having the 18k service and apparently the gear selector return spring was broken, can't say I ever noticed . Maybe yours has gone to? I just thought they were clunky agricultural boxes that sometimes stuck abit between 5th & 6th! :eek:

Mine does the same when the bike is on the side stand shake the bike and a rattle
sound comes from the tank exactly like you say :-\ :-\ :'( wonder how many others do this !!

The rattle is caused by the tank breather, it's mounted on a rubber pipe inside and will tap the tank if you wobble the bike, nothing to worry about. :)

Back