Anyone quieten their Akrapovic?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
4 years old, 14000 miles. Hp4 full system. Decat and factory baffle. No messing with the ecu or fuelling, all stock. I think I am borderline 102 driveby at high rpm, that was my experience at Snetterton last year. Going around the track 'keeping the revs down' is depressing.

Should I consider having the end can on my system repacked to get noise down?

There is an akrapovic quiet baffle but I haven't found any info on it being better than what I already have, if not the same.

Thoughts?

Akrapovič

You will notice a reduction in noise if you have it repacked. My old Akrapovič exhaust, that I had been using for two seasons worth of trackdays, was last measured at 101.5 dB. It's brand new replacement recorded 98.4 dB when tested for the first time at the start of this season. An Akrapovič repacking kit is relatively inexpensive and is definitely recommended if you want to lower the noise level on an older exhaust.

That's quite a big reduction, is that driveby?

Is repacking it easy or something I should pay a professional to do?

Akrapovič

Those measurements were taken during static noise testing. It is also much quieter when riding it. Whenever I've had an exhaust repacked I've always sent it away to be done professionally as I'm not confident enough to rivet carbon fibre and titanium! The last time I sent an Akrapovič exhaust away, Calsport supplied the repacking kit and arranged for it to be done for me.

Back