AR V3 2017 hunting rpm

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itzjonno

Reaction score
Howdy. Finally finished hacking up my black / white and red 2017 to convert it to all black. Fitted a V3 AR decat system this weekend. Looks the bollocks if not a little loud even with the baffle. Plus the pops and bangs are ridiculous it's like an UZI going off. Wish that could be toned down?

Anyways the needle hunts at idle. Only slightly maybe 200-300 revs but it's annoying. It also hunts in say 2nd gear holding 4k revs, is that a sign that I need a pcv/rapidbike fudger?
91dbedb5e83de05feee5503c344fa79f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mine hunts noticeably on idle. Not noticed anything on the move.

And yes a fuel trimming computer can settle that.

Dunno if that's a '17 model thing but my AR GP1 equipped '15RR hasn't needed any fuel correction and isn't much louder than standard with the baffle in. Maybe you just need to give it a handful and forget about holding it at 4000rpm :friendly_wink:

Think you will find that any slip on will come within the ecu boundaries but de-catting will alter settings. In my experience , any de-cat will necessitate a pcv or similar to make sure of correct fuelling...

My ar hunted badly. I ran it for a few weeks hoping it would "sort itself out" but it didnt. So it was a pc5 and a custom map. Its great now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Any 'hunting' at idle or part throttle at any rpm is a clear indication of an excessively lean condition.
Sort it if you notice it, you'll be glad of the fatter & smoother power delivery, not to mention saving your motor . If you're really unlucky you risk a burnt exhaust valve or seat, at worst piston crown damage or ring land failure.

Back