Trackday db limit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep if you have a full system you'll need a long pipe, I've just got hold of a Akra long for the UK noise stasi, it's the only way. I passed static with db killer no issues but was pinging drive by at Brands

I have a full system and stubby can, the arrow high level system, this one: https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i..._86&products_id=13626&cPath=1_15_86&sort=20a&

The standard baffle does not do much. I picked up some perforated tube off eBay that fitted inside the can ID, and cut 2 slots into it 180 degrees apart at different lengths down the tube, then beat the tube inward with a ball peen hammer to create scoops for the gas. I then lock wired this tube to the standard baffle. The tube scoops gather parts, but not all, of the gas pulse and throw it outward. The trick is to stop the gas pulses exiting the can in lumps, causing noise peaks, which the noise tester picks up. This set up passed the three quarter engine speed static test at Silverstone and had no issues with drive by there, although I've only recently done Silv and Donny, so can't comment on other tracks.

Back