Trackday db limit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee0113

Reaction score
Im off to snett at the end of may and have a decat with this can ive never tested the db reading anybody used one on track before on a gen 1
ec1293f4374d30013e41421958880c16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noise Testing

With a decatted exhaust and short silencer you may struggle to pass both static and drive-by noise testing. I would strongly advise getting your bike noise tested before you go to avoid any disappointment. The static noise limit at Snetterton is 102 dB and the drive-by limit is 98 dB and MSV enforce both pretty rigorously.

Thought as much ill nip to cadwell get it tested one day if it fails what do people use for track

Bear in mind that the static test is by far the lesser issue of the two (static vs drive-bye), so I would suggest that you have a good margin to play with if you pass a static test

I can see this being a waste of time lol best start looking for other exhausts

The trouble is a catalytic converter does a tremendously good job of reducing the Db output of an exhaust

If you have trouble passing tests at your desired tracks, I'd suggest contacting MHP exhausts to see what options are available to you (track can, baffle etc)

I think you'll struggle.
As Ryan says, you can get to a track before the day you can get the static test done in advance.

Last edited:
Trackdays

If you plan on doing trackdays you are best off either keeping the standard OEM exhaust system; buying a full length slip-on with a baffle or fitting a full race system which has a long exhaust and a baffle. Ultimately, the quieter the exhaust the better.

Will have to be a full system the cats been cut off

Re: Trackdays

If you plan on doing trackdays you are best off either keeping the standard OEM exhaust system; buying a full length slip-on with a baffle or fitting a full race system which has a long exhaust and a baffle. Ultimately, the quieter the exhaust the better.

+1

Is kind of ironic that the only benefit Euro 4 has to UK riders is passing track day noise limits lol!

Will have to be a full system the cats been cut off

Possibly not, as you may find that a track can and baffle will be sufficient for your needs, and would work out cheaper than a full system. MHP can make a bespoke set up if need be

When you say a track can you mean a long akra etc or mhp

When you say a track can you mean a long akra etc or mhp

Yes indeed, I mean a full length can with plenty of wadding (I.e. Not like the current gen Akra Evo can which is tapered similar to a Megaphone can in shape)

Nice one thanks for the help [emoji106]

Exhausts

There are plenty of options available to suit all budgets. You may want to contact Calsport, B&C Express and MHP, to name but a few companies, who should all be able to help.

Same boat. I shot myself in the cock by buying an AR stubby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nice one thanks for the help [emoji106]

My pleasure!
By the sounds of it you have de-catted OEM headers (is that correct?), if so you'll have several production slip-on options available, however I suspect that you'll find a cheaper alternative from MHP (the big Akra slip-on is the best part of a grand!).
Although the exup valve is an effective way to help beat a static test, I'd suggest ignoring it as you'll need to pass a static test comfortably before being able to pass a fly-bye. Unfortunately bike track days don't operate like car days which use the 3/4 throttle method for static tests (which is much more valid in the context of noise emissions), and thus it can be very misleading, and disheartening, to pass a static test but fail on track.

One final point to make you aware of, is baffles, the longer the baffle the bigger the power loss, so always look to get most of your Db decrease from a can or link pipe rather then relying solely on a monster baffle

Yer its decatted oem headers ive messaged mhp and b&c is around the corner so ill pay him a visit

Back