S1000R Lowering

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggyboy

Reaction score
Went and bought the S1000R as could bot justify the insurance on the RR , Will keep it for a year and upgrade,

Quick question

Anyone lowered a RR or the R ?

Im a short arse in the legs department and on hippie toes when upright , Think the guy had the gel seat fitted so a little higher then normal which don't help

Cheers guys

Hope you've not read the latest FastBikes magazine with the S1000R in a review.
(They are clearly frickin' clueless/on a bike with unusually poor brakes)

Some shorter riders have cut the material out of the seat...but you may want to get a 2nd seat to murder there.

Hope you've not read the latest FastBikes magazine with the S1000R in a review.
(They are clearly frickin' clueless/on a bike with unusually poor brakes)

Some shorter riders have cut the material out of the seat...but you may want to get a 2nd seat to murder there.

do you have a link to the review ?

do you have a link to the review ?

Honestly its cobblers, they say its unstable on track with rubbish brakes.

I've seen R's pounding round cadwell giving ear-to-ear grins.

Don't bother reading. I guess the takeaway, if any, is get your suspension setup.

- Sent from Mobile

i have no idea about bike mechanics guys , can someone take a photo of the thing i need to adjust and a little bit of instruction , I'm handy with tools and cars so should be able to tackle it

Thanks guys

Honestly its cobblers, they say its unstable on track with rubbish brakes.

I've seen R's pounding round cadwell giving ear-to-ear grins.

Don't bother reading. I guess the takeaway, if any, is get your suspension setup.

- Sent from Mobile

I thought the r brakes are the same as the rr?.

I thought the r brakes are the same as the rr?.

Exactly...it's a stupid article. Everyone knows the BMW Brembo's are ace when they are working well. There is no way the editors/writers don't know what the brakes feel like normally. Then there's the chassis instability weirdness they mention to, I'm like I've never heard so much tripe.

Yeah I read the same bullshit too Alex. Turned up on the doorstep yesterday and was looking forward to a great test but the drivel that was spouted was unreal... The Mrs has the R and what a bike it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back