Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 Days Off Road Training

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Re: 2 Days Off Road Training

Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    Yes, and he owns the training school. Nice guy.
    Cool, thanks Soof, he certainly seemed like a nice chap on the videos

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Great thread - finally caught up on it properly now I'm sat on a laptop. I'd expect more scaffolding on the bikes to keep them in decent condition, but they know what they are doing I'm sure.

What was the total cost for this? Including staying over?
    Do they do any of these courses outside of the UK?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Great thread - finally caught up on it properly now I'm sat on a laptop. I'd expect more scaffolding on the bikes to keep them in decent condition, but they know what they are doing I'm sure.

What was the total cost for this? Including staying over?
    Do they do any of these courses outside of the UK?
    Thanks.

I paid 133 for 2 nights accommodation B&B (owned by them) a mile from the course HQ. Day 1 all food and drink was covered, Day 2 we finished at 4pm so brekkie and lunch etc covered.

So 500 + 133 + plus mileage to there and back + boots and clothing hire (cant find how much it cost but it wasnt much). Say 675 ish for the course, accommodation and kit.

They do adventure tours abroad, but I think the skills training is all in Wales, it wouldnt make sense to do it elsewhere as the site they use is perfect, plus A&E down the road (one guy had 5 stiches in his septum on Thursday night). Currently eyeing up the 21 days in Australian outback for 2018 but think it's a bit much for a first tour. More likely something closer to home.

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    Thanks.

I paid 133 for 2 nights accommodation B&B (owned by them) a mile from the course HQ. Day 1 all food and drink was covered, Day 2 we finished at 4pm so brekkie and lunch etc covered.

So 500 + 133 + plus mileage to there and back + boots and clothing hire (cant find how much it cost but it wasnt much). Say 675 ish for the course, accommodation and kit.

They do adventure tours abroad, but I think the skills training is all in Wales, it wouldnt make sense to do it elsewhere as the site they use is perfect, plus A&E down the road (one guy had 5 stiches in his septum on Thursday night). Currently eyeing up the 21 days in Australian outback for 2018 but think it's a bit much for a first tour. More likely something closer to home.
    21 days! You'd get that much time in one go from the boss?! Sounds like the bug bit you
    I guess I was wondering if they do something like what Stephen did, say over the Pyrenees or something like that as a tour. Some decent off-roading without going mental

Oh yeah, that kind of stuff.

http://www.offroadskills.com/

I was looking at getting the cracked screen from wales fixed but noticed the problem is that the phone is bent. Still works fine.

I reckon the quad lock case saved it from snapping in my chest pocket.