Chain and sprocket kit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malic1212

Reaction score
Hey guys

Looking a chain and sprocket kits. What's the best to go for? Was thinking Renthal and DID. Was thinking about a coloured chain but not interested in cheap shite. Any suggestions?

Road or track use primarily?

DID chains are great, I have a 525 set up with a Renthal front and and OEM rear (am switching to a SuperSprox Stealth rear soon)

Chain & Sprockets

You can't really go wrong with Tsubaki, Renthal, DiD to name but a few of the top brands. Just buy whatever suits your budget as differences between them are negligible. If it's mainly for road use, and the occasional trackday, you are best advised sticking to the OEM 525 pitch for longevity.

Re: Chain & Sprockets

You can't really go wrong with Tsubaki, Renthal, DiD to name but a few of the top brands. Just buy whatever suits your budget as differences between them are negligible. If it's mainly for road use, and the occasional trackday, you are best advised sticking to the OEM 525 pitch for longevity.

Just out of curiosity, would there be any benefit switching to a 530 pitch with longevity in mind?

Oli

Just changed mine Malik. No chance of supersprox anytime soon, no stock, spoke to them last week. Ended up going with a silver did and oe rear (steel) sprocket. I can't remember what Stephen put on the front.
2f60b53e1e2338f1615c6c1ffea0c0f8.jpg

0ff518c47da441b2e3708e462326f38a.jpg

Last edited:
Just changed mine Malik. No chance of supersprox anytime soon, no stock, spoke to them last week. Ended up going with a silver did and oe rear (steel) sprocket. I can't remember what Stephen put on the front.

That's why I'm still running an OEM rear sprocket at the moment as still waiting on SuperSprox, hopefully they'll have stock soon

Oli

Looks like superbikeshop has the stealth sprocket. Think the blue one would look good. Failing that DID and Renthal, both in gold. Thanks for the advice.

Malic ive just changed mine.. Tsubaki Gold chain and two Renthal sprockets same as in Fridges pics above. Got them from Matt @ B and C Express...ordered them in the afternoon they were with me before 12 next day... Ryan uses them a lot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

25149433231cd7c9beb88ef3aaa988f5.jpg

I got this set from Calsport a couple of weeks ago, good price and was delivered the following day just need to fit it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the price of that lot Balallan? My chain is stretching quickly so I think I may end up binning it.

Back