Play in sprocket carrier.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shft_Ctrl

Reaction score
Has anyone else developed play in their sprocket carrier?

My bike is at the dealers with this: they originally replaced the cush drives and called me to collect the bike - turned up at the dealers, checked the sprocket carrier and it still had play around the bearing (the new cush rubbers had reduced the amount of play but you could still almost twist the carrier and it still moves laterally). Told the dealer I wasn't happy it had been fixed properly (none of the new bikes had any play) and he said I could check their demo - even worse than mine, well about the same as when I booked mine in and they said it definitely wasn't right.

I noticed that the carrier drops out a bit too easy when the wheel is out. I put it down to a loose cush rubber design. You shouldn't be able to rotate the carrier more than a few mill really but mine doesn't feel lashy when engaging gears.

When it first went in it would pull away from the hub towards the swingarm about 1-2mm and rotate about 6-7mm at the sprocket teeth. My dealer doesn't seem to be able to say what's acceptable and what isn't but are happy to replace the entire carrier.

I've got play in mine, if your gonna fire nearly 200hp at the rear wheel then a bit of free play on the Cush drive. So long as its not clonky then it's ok. ;)

babarr46 link=topic=1058.msg9708#msg9708 date=1340995148 said:
I've got play in mine, if your gonna fire nearly 200hp at the rear wheel then a bit of free play on the Cush drive. So long as its not clonky then it's ok. ;)

I wouldn't mind if it was just play in the cush drive but I do if it's the bearing - I don't know what BHP rating my arms are but it doesn't take much to be able to get twist in the rear sprocket which you can see at the spindle/spacer.

Back