Tyco reps and how to tell if they are genuine

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Seen some Tyco reps on Autotrader and I'm very tempted, How do I tell if they are genuine and not just a chinese aftermarket fairing set?

Thank you

Tyco BMW Replica

If you request either the VIN or VRN your local BMW Motorrad dealership will be able to tell you if it's a genuine Tyco BMW Replica.

Can tycos or anyone else who has one say what the V5 colour is described as? Just curious.

49fdef5c8d7e554ea2dfe00c7ff9a0cd.jpg
i have posted this to the dealer i will keep you posted on my reply lads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V5C Colour

My V5C states 'multi-coloured' for my motorsports colour scheme. As for a Tyco Replica, the only way I can think of that the V5C would be any different is if it was registered using the original colour before the panels were painted by 8 Ball on behalf of BMW UK before being sold in the dealership.

still on email reply from dealer will post as soon as he replys

Mines black, good question tho & one that throws up another; I've seen some with HP rearsets & some with stock, also some with a black swingarm, like mine, & some with polished aluminium, seems a bit haphazard for a major manufacturer.
Were they painted in Germany or here?
Either way I still love the way it looks, makes missing my HP4 a little easier:)

Depends on whether they are dealer sourced or custom creations. Also I would expect that some of the dealer versions started off as stock hanging about in less sought after colours...thus swing arms etc could vary.

Depends on whether they are dealer sourced or custom creations. Also I would expect that some of the dealer versions started off as stock hanging about in less sought after colours...thus swing arms etc could vary.
Yeah good point, didn't realise dealers had screwed some of them together as well.

The one I saw in the dealer (genuine rep) had everything HP parts except the rear hugger which was the standard plastic hole job. It had a polished swing arm too.

I think also it had the half length frame protectors that were painted up..... thought I took a picture but can't find it.

the dealer still never emailed me back, it's funny as when ur potentially away to buy a 20k bike they can't do enough for you lol

Back