Short video review of Dainese's Axial Pro race boot

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ACU Race Licence

My ACU Race Licence cost me ?48 to renew this season.

Who did you race with Ry? I'm with NG this season, only place I could race the RC390. Hoping I can race the S1000RR next season depending on how I get on with it this year, possibly with Thundersport. Not fast enough yet but nothing like jumping straight in with the big boys eh!

ACU Race Licence

How much is the test and annual licence renewal..?

ACU licence assessments start from around ?139 depending on who the provider is and include both a circuit riding assessment and classroom based assessment. You will then need to pay to join a racing club like BMCRC, No Limits Racing etc for the season. Once that's done you just need to apply for your race licence which for this year costs ?48.

Race Club

Who did you race with Ry? I'm with NG this season, only place I could race the RC390. Hoping I can race the S1000RR next season depending on how I get on with it this year, possibly with Thundersport. Not fast enough yet but nothing like jumping straight in with the big boys eh!

BMCRC; started racing 600s and then progressed to 1000s for many seasons. Did quite a few wildcard entries in SSTK1000 before finishing as it was getting incredibly expensive to run within the Top 15 and score points.

Last edited:
I was going to start racing my RC8 Track with Bemsee last year but had an off at Silverstone which ruined those plans. Hoping to get some help with tyres, servicing etc with a local bike workshop so that should assist with costs. I'm lucky too that I run my own LTD company so guess who my principal sponser will be :)

I've alway wanted to go racing but never really been in a financial position to do so until now.

I also have a pair of these boots and they are the most comfortable boots I've ever had

Dainese Axial Pro In Race Boots

Are these Dainese boots the same as the BMW Sport boot?

The BMW DoubleR boot is similar and features Dainese's D-Axial system but they are not identical. I suspect the BMW version are even more expensive.

Re: Dainese Axial Pro In Race Boots

The BMW DoubleR boot is similar and features Dainese's D-Axial system but they are not identical. I suspect the BMW version are even more expensive.
Cheers!
I bought a pair of DoubleR boots last year.
I was sure one of the staff said they were manufactured by Dainese, along with the DoubleR suit I bought.

What's the difference between these and the new R Axial Pro In? Is it just a name change?

Have these been basically unchanged since 2011?

I'm toying with the idea of changing my Supertech R boots for a pair of these.

They have remained virtually unchanged since they were introduced, apart from the occasional colour change and a limited edition VR46 version. They are the best race boots I have ever owned and from experience perform very well during a crash.

Can anyone give me a bit of info on how these compare to Alpinestars sizing? I'm a size 10 in shoes, I wear a pair of Alpinestars SMX Plus boots in a size 45 and a pair of Supertech R boots in a 44.

I would recommend trying a pair on as they are quite narrow and the sizing is smaller than expected. Having worn Alpinestars boots in the past, I've always found them to be much wider in comparison.

Back