Short video review of Dainese's Axial Pro race boot

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dainese Axial Pro In Race Boots

These are by far the best race boots I have ever owned.

I see he says they're not so good if you have wide feet (which I do), I find my TCX RS2's marginal on width too, my battered old Alpinestars were ok but can anyone suggest any other decent race boots which are nice and wide?

I see he says they're not so good if you have wide feet (which I do), I find my TCX RS2's marginal on width too, my battered old Alpinestars were ok but can anyone suggest any other decent race boots which are nice and wide?

I have wide feet and these boots fit me great now but the first 3 days were agony. They just need wearing in, I had to take them off after nearly every session for a couple of minutes! Worth it for the security and protection they offer. In my opinion the only boots that come close in terms of quality are Daytona GPs and they're ?1100 a pair.....

I have wide feet and these boots fit me great now but the first 3 days were agony. They just need wearing in, I had to take them off after nearly every session for a couple of minutes! Worth it for the security and protection they offer. In my opinion the only boots that come close in terms of quality are Daytona GPs and they're ?1100 a pair.....
Hi Eddie,
i have just bought a pair of these and I'm off on Wednesday for a five day trip to the Nurburgring. I won't have a chance to break them in before I go so I guess I will need to find room to pack my old Daytona's .

Might be a safe bet mate, I got on OK with them but had to take them off between sessions several times during the first 3 days. Just don't do them up to tight, I found that helps.

They fit great now though, I've had 8 full days in them and they're like slippers. Armour plated slippers :)

ive got size 8 feet and there slightly wide. i would love a pair of these as i do like the Dainese kit. i own 2 set of there leathers which have been custom fit and i also have the race gloves but these boots are the most uncomfortable boots i have ever tried on. Im surprised you managed to break them in as they are so stiff/hard to begin with.

Last edited:

I have wide feet too and have found the Daytona boot range to be the widest fitting boots I've tried.

There are three Daytona Sport/Race boots available at varying price points you might wish to consider.

The cheapest option, are the "Evo Voltex" boots. I have had a pair of these (specifically the Gore Tex variant) for three years and have held up very well considering the mileage I do and that I use them year round. The Evo Voltex GTX boots RRP at ?675, although there are significant discounts to be had.
This boot is part of their inner boot range, and has a composite inner boot.

Going up in price to roughly ?900, is the Security Evo 3. This is a race boot and is not available with Gore Tex. The benefit of this boot is that it has a Kangaroo hide outer shell and a Kevlar composite inner boot.

The top of the range option, is the Security Evo 3 GP boot. These RRP for ~ ?1100 and are available in one standard colour, however for an additional fee you can have a custom colour/lettering. The benefit of these over the standard Evo 3's is that the inner boot covers the entire length of the foot and they use a ceramic toe slider.

If you are looking at a slightly more causal road boot, I'd suggest the new Evo Strive, as these are substantially cheaper and still have a Sport cut with toe sliders etc. The only difference is they have no inner boot, and therefore substantially less protective.

Although Daytona boots are expensive, they offer comprehensive refurbishment services and it is possible to buy outer boots independently of need be.

I personally am very happy with their products

Dainese

I purchase all of my Dainese kit through their ACU scheme and it's saved me a lot of money over the years.

How does the ACU scheme work? Is it literally a case of getting a race licence and then you apply for the discount?

Yeah, and they'll want to know a bit about your riding background, where you're racing, what you ride etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, and they'll want to know a bit about your riding background, where you're racing, what you ride etc.

Ah so you have to be racing to be eligible for the discounts?

I get my leathers from Hideout Leather and they offer discounts on 1 piece suits for ACU licence holders (not that I have one), so was wondering if this scheme was the same.

Thanks for your reply!

I thought it was just a requirement to have a licence. Ryan doesn't race as far as I'm aware?

ACU Discount Scheme

I used to race and still renew my ACU race licence each season. My National licence has lapsed so I only have a Clubman licence now. I am highly unlikely to go racing again, but if I do I only have to complete a Competitor Training Course with the ACU in order to compete again. I still renew it each year as there are benefits to retaining it like the Dainese discount scheme.

Not strictly racing I don't think. I have a license but have been off the bike for most of 2016 and early 2017 due to injury and haven't had a single race yet. I am a member of a racing club and fully intend to do a bit this year when work permits but am not going to be in a full championship.

They just ask about your background and plans. How many trackdays/race meetings you do a year and all that.

I ask for ACU discount everywhere, the cost of the course and license fees have paid for themselves already ;-)

Last edited:
Back