Bike cut out today and won't start

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to Crowey earlier and after I gave him the symptoms he suggested the tps. He mentioned fuel can seep in causing it to give a wrong impedance reading to ecu.
I stripped all the throttle bodies off, removed tps to find a drip or two to come from it. Re-assembled it all again and double checked everything is connected. The bike now has engine management light which I'm guessing will be for the tps.

If I had time I would get down to the diagnostic guy again to double check fault but I'm feeling hopeful and think I'll order a new tps.
Where's the best place to purchase a tps, Bmw dealer?

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

I would buy genuine mate. I bough pattern and second when building the focus RS motor. Wasted money.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bike still not running!! 😢
Tps sensor finally turned up, fitted it and same problem, good shout though and worth a try.

Update on what I've now found so far...
Bike turning over and trying to start, no fault code showing. All the gs911 diagnostics is showing is pump inactive. I physically disconnected the fuel line to the injectors and nothing on ignition on but when start button is pressed the pump runs and pumps fuel. Checked the voltage and the blue/red wire to pump is only getting 3v (Checked the earth from battery and middle brown wire) Obviously it's not priming.
The blue/yellow wire is getting 11v when the start button is pressed, which is activating the pump.
I did fit my mates tank but still same problem.
I stripped back the sleeve at the ecu and both power cables have continuity. I can't trace where the earth goes as I don't have a wiring diagram. Managed to get a diagram for the engine harness but unfortunately it was the left loom not the right.
Please remember I don't really get involved in bike mechanics but had to delve in out of necessity and still inexperienced.

Any ideas why the pump is showing inactive and only getting 3v when ignition is first switched on?
Is there anything else that might cause this?
It has been mentioned it might be a faulty ecu which seems plausible but don't want to order one in hope.

Sorry for the long post but thought I'd give as much info as I know

Cheers Bruce

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stab in the dark, have u looked at tip over sensor? Had it where its fallen out of it's holder, maybe it cuts fuel delivery?

Last edited:
Stab in the dark, have u looked at tip over sensor? Had it where its fallen out of it's holder, maybe it cuts fuel delivery?
Yes, looked into that. On the newer models it's built into the ecu.

Yes, I popped in and seen Tim as I work up there once a month and ordered the tps from them. It was Carl from Norwich I spoke to yesterday, he was very helpful and sent me wiring diagrams but unfortunately the wrong one.
Think my next step is going to have to be getting it to BMW and on their diagnostics but I'm dreading a massive labour/diagnostic bill

Lind were very fair with my labour rates for diagnostics last year. They only charged me for "working on the bike" not the thinking and research time ;)

Long story. Sorry didn't post up result but was a bit embarrassed. My mechanics sort of gave up after diagnostics didn't show anything. Took it to Jap n German place in London hoping their 'Dealer level' diagnostics would show something but nothing, another ?40 lighter.
Tried to book it in Lind at Welwyn Garden City but two week wait so took it to Cannons in Braintree. Again nothing on Diagnostics so they went back to basics, in my lack of knowledge I had only unplugged the quickshifter module. They stripped out the QS loom and hey presto it fired up 😊
Bought a HM shifter sold as 'As New, Used twice' only to get an old fucked one that didn't work.
New HM one arriving tomorrow. Bloody lost 2 months of track time but did give me the chance to get the suspension fully serviced and set up by HM Racing.

Last edited:
Glad it's fixed as I felt you were getting close to throwing the whole thing in the bin. Electrical issues are the worst. I guess the lesson here - is return to stock and retest...before going to BMW.
You weren't to know. No embarrassment should be felt.

HM Racing get great reviews - I hope to use them soon.

Back