My 2015 S1KRRs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been meaning to ask about that service pack deal. My bike has almost 16k on it,with annual service due next week. It'll need the big 18k service soon, and I'll get 2 more annuals, and it looks like I'd get all that for ?949? Do I pay anything more, feels like there ought to be a catch...

Update at 52k miles

Just collected the bike from Cannon?s following the 52k mile big service.
Cannon?s currently have a 20% discount on for RR servicing, which works out quite nicely.
In addition to the base work, I have had a fresh set of OEM front pads.
The bill was ?787.
Somewhat to my surprise, yet again the valve clearances were all still in spec! I think that?s really impressive given the nature of these engines [emoji41]

Following the service, they suggested the left-hand switch gear be replaced as the indicator switch is getting rather loose and due to my riding through the winter the front callipers are in need of a rebuild.
Will be taking the bike back to Cannon?s as soon as the switches are in and will cost ?100 including the calliper rebuild, as that is my excess fee under the Motorrad extended warranty.

As always, excellent service from Cannon?s and a quick 1-day turnaround!

Oh and Baron von Grumble aka Chris Eades will be visiting Cannon?s on Sunday 31st March (Mother?s Day).

Slightly off the service topic, but have put some miles on the Michelin Road 5?s now and am absolutely loving them! Bike handles great and the poor weather performance is as good as I think one could want for in a road tyre.

As always, have fun and ride safe [emoji41]

- Oli

Last edited:
Collected the bike from Cannon?s again this afternoon, following the calliper rebuild and left hand switchgear replacement.

It?s remarkable how well the front wheel spins now when up on the paddock stands, is like a bicycle wheel in comparison lol.
Oh and as for the switchgear, the indicator feels crisp again, actually has a positive click which is in stark contrast to the previous set which was starting to wobble considerably and had no discernible engagement feel at all

- Oli

Your Gen 3 done 52k Oli ?... Wow ..

What was up with Caliper..just a mileage issue (pots/pistons) I presume ?

S

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:
Yes 52k miles now, have enjoyed pretty much every one of them! [emoji41]

As I ride year round, the salted winter roads are always extremely harsh on brakes. In my case the brakes still worked superbly, but they were binding. Cleaning the callipers helps, but this year the seals, pots and pistons just needed replacing

- Oli

Last edited:
Nice looking bike, how many ltr is the tank bag, I?m off to Spain so and want a good tank bag that doesn?t get in the way. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking bike, how many ltr is the tank bag, I?m off to Spain so and want a good tank bag that doesn?t get in the way. Thanks

Thank you!
The Wunderlich Sport tank bag has a 3L internal capacity, however there is elastic netting on top for additional storage.
Despite being small, I think it is a superb product as does not interfere with you when riding nor when filling the tank. The capacity is sufficient for all the small items you generally carry that need to be easily accessible.
For touring, if you?ve not already invested in tail packs, the Kriega US series dry bags in conjunction with the Hepco & Becker Sport Rack would be an ideal setup.

Have a great trip to Spain, shall look forward to reading about your travels and seeing some photos in due course [emoji41]

Oh and top tip, remember to put some sort of PPF such as Venture Shield et al. on the tank cover, as left unprotected the tank bag will mark the topcoat

- Oli

Last edited:
Ok Oli,
Thanks for that and I?ll put some pictures up [emoji41]

Its a great bag but when its wet it moves about. As Oli says protect the airbox cover from it. Microfibre, non slip matt, or ventureshield

- Alex

Its a great bag but when its wet it moves about. As Oli says protect the airbox cover from it. Microfibre, non slip matt, or ventureshield

- Alex
Big plus 1 on that...last years NC500 wrecked the clearcoat on mine..I forgot to place a cloth under it...
16c978beb0c4938742d66e9588b1d227.jpg

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Noticed the running light had gone out the other day, thought nothing of it as have had multiple bulbs changed over the years.
However, changed the bulb but was still no bueno.
Took it to Cannon?s to investigate and turns out the bike needed ... a new loom!
As always, covered under the extended warranty [emoji846]

Come to think of it, the extended warranty alone has probably saved me ?4K+ at this point lol

- Oli

Last edited:
Noticed the running light had gone out the other day, thought nothing of it as have had multiple bulbs changed over the years.
However, changed the bulb but was still no bueno.
Took it to Cannon’s to investigate and turns out the bike needed ... a new loom!
As always, covered under the extended warranty [emoji846]

Come to think of it, the extended warranty alone has probably saved me ?4K+ at this point lol

- Oli

I've been mulling it over, but I doubt I would see value out of it...not sure it's even coverable...but I am glad it's worked out well for you.

I've been mulling it over, but I doubt I would see value out of it...not sure it's even coverable...but I am glad it's worked out well for you.

Thanks Alex, yea in my experience it?s been a necessity purchase lol.
The extended warranty is essentially just insurance in case something big goes wrong ...

- Oli

Just a little update at 62k miles.

Broke down on a rideout with @preynol1 about a week ago.
Electrical issue as the bike started misfiring at constant throttle between 4-6k rpm. Then a check engine light appeared, followed by an ABS warning light, then the DTC light, then ?DDC Error? then the speedo just read ?-

Someone (cough ... Paul) had the idea to turn the bike off and restart it. This resulted in an EWS error ... and no go.
We disconnected the battery to reset everything and then as soon as we tried starting the bike again, it barely turned over once before giving up.

So the battery was flat, despite having been on the trickle charger recently.
The battery was circa 2 years old.

Trailered the bike over to Cannon?s and left it with them for about a week and collected the bike today.

They have replaced the following:

- Battery
- Stator
- Stator case cover
- Regulator-Rectifier
- Flywheel

Only had to pay the ?100 excess for the BMW extended warranty. Was pleasantly surprised that the battery was covered under the warranty too, despite being 2 years old.

As always, am very happy with the service received from Cannon BMW and my bike is now running spot on again [emoji41]

P.S. Top Tip! If your motor vehicle is playing up, don?t turn it off ?until? you reach your required destination [emoji16]

Wow some miles on the beast Oli.....

I see motoline has a gen 3 with there or thereabouts mileage on for 6.5k.... just proves that warranties ARE worth the paper that they are written on! Dread to think labour costs for what you have had done or covered

PS Great tip....however when my pc doesn't work a simple reboot does the trick! lol

Haha thanks Marc!
The extended warranty definitely gives peace of mind. If an item isn?t covered, BMW are more likely to meet you half way on something if you?ve got the warranty, are still racking up the miles and servicing at their dealers etc.

The Motoline price is what I would expect to be honest, given the mileage and is consistent with a valuation I had from a friend a while back, adjusted for markup of course

Back