There seems to be a lot of vibration from the bars!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Reaction score
Hi Peeps, I noticed on motorway driving that my throttle hand always ends up with my wrist bent down, like I'm twisting the throttle wide open. Then I noticed that there seems to be a fair amount of vibration going through the bars and I think its been vibrating my grip a bit loose, now I notice it all the time. I've been riding for 35 years and never noticed anything like it. It's not painful big vibration, it's high frequency, it doesn't bother me too much on it's own but I have to keep re-gripping the throttle, which is a bit of a PITA...

Normal or weird?

Jules

i feel mine vibrate through my right foot mate, more so than any other bike ive had. i havent worried about it at all but we will see what others say.

Yeh, my vibrates through my righ foot too. Get some buzz through bars on motorways, but just put it down to the engine doing its thing and the the bike being solid. No biggies though.

I notice the bars are quite 'buzzy' at certain speeds/revs compared to my previous machines, not had a problem with it yet though....

Yep I whittled off the original grips & fitted renthals much better as for vibes nowhere near as bad a Ducati but worse than the yam ;D

I have same problem with throttle hand moving round. Only seems to be problem with main gloves and not my wet weather ones

Agree with the vids on the right footpeg, never had that on a previous bike, which I guess is odd.

Always had vibration issues on the throttle hand with all my previous bikes as well as the S1k and found that it was better and worse at certain revs depending on bike - the Beemer has a big issue at around 4-5k - and for me I just ensure that I keep the bike above these revs for longer or motorway journeys (either lower gears or higher speed) which has improved the situation for me.

Interested to hear of other bar solutions which work for this please.

OK I guess it's normal'ish, I'm running it in after big end bearing replacement so am taking it easy, so lower revs which seems to be the un-sweet spot... Think I'm gonna investigate different grips and bar ends. Let you know if I have any success.

Thanks all for your input, I love this sight, ask a question, get a real answer without getting transferred to India. ;D

I know this is of no help but, I have never suffered any Vibe's at any revs or speed (right up to 180)....

Jules, I hope you get yours sorted mate :)

Jules link=topic=1050.msg9674#msg9674 date=1340956960 said:
Just went onto the US forum, worth visiting cos there's so many more of them. They actually did a poll on vibration which shows that a large majority do have vibration, some being bad.
[/url]

No all it shows is that more people who bothered to vote have vibes. Its a bit like people start threads when things go wrong. People dont start threads when they have been for a ride and didnt get a false neutral, indicators worked perfectly etc etc.

For what its worth, I dont get any vibes, have you tried a less gentle hold on the bars?

Godzilla link=topic=1050.msg9696#msg9696 date=1340983386 said:
have you tried a less gentle hold on the bars?

Had the same grip for 33 years and it's never failed me, maybe I'm getting old and weak :-\

I have exactly the same issue - vibration through bars below 6k, and stiff throttle means constant readjustment of grip required on motorway - actually got a callous from it. As said, seems to be 'normal' on some bikes.

No vibes since day one with less than 10 miles on the clock when I picked her up.

I did slap on some throttle meisters on prior to rolling her off.

phil link=topic=1050.msg9673#msg9673 date=1340955366 said:
I know this is of no help but, I have never suffered any Vibe's at any revs or speed (right up to 180)....

Jules, I hope you get yours sorted mate :)
Same here,I've have the HP sets and they are superb! Feet never go numb he he.

Jules link=topic=1050.msg9698#msg9698 date=1340986186 said:
Godzilla link=topic=1050.msg9696#msg9696 date=1340983386 said:
have you tried a less gentle hold on the bars?

Had the same grip for 33 years and it's never failed me, maybe I'm getting old and weak :-\

Sorry, I meant t say MORE gentle, not less :-[

You know what you guys need, mine had some slight tingling vibes through the bars fitted
some grip puppies problem solved bought from the BMW dealer,give them a try. ;D ;D

AppleT link=topic=1050.msg9748#msg9748 date=1341084486 said:
You know what you guys need, mine had some slight tingling vibes through the bars fitted
some grip puppies problem solved bought from the BMW dealer,give them a try. ;D ;D
Cheers AppleT, I'm gonna get me some of those puppies, cheep and comfy, just like my missus!!!

I asked the dealer, he said "YES they do vibrate a bit", I said "OK"....

;D ;D

Back