Flare Audio Isolate Earplugs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also suffer from tinnitus , I use the throw away ones with no issues. I do have musicians ones when I go to gigs and they are really good , so much better than throw always .

Apologies for the thread resurrection. I bought the Isolate Pros on the recommendation of several of the guys I go touring with. ?50 quid for a pair of earplugs (or ?56 if you buy them direct from Flare, rather than from Amazon) ain't cheap, but when I managed to mislay them, I bought another pair.

When listening to music, I can generally hear the 'trebley' parts of a song clearly at over 110mph, whereas with disposable foam earplugs (which cost pennies a pair) it would often be difficult to identify the song playing if I was doing more than 90.

After a few months of use, I noticed that they were beginning to feel uncomfortable - and noticed that the rubber squishy bit (sorry if I am blinding you with science) had worn through from too much squishing, so I had to buy some more rubber squishy bits (?10 for 3 pairs)

I haven't tried the 'non-pro' Isolates - which are half the price, but I suspect that the difference between pro and non-pro is largely snake oil.

I got the flares back in Kickstarter days but found on longer journeys that they would start to hurt from being pressed by the helmet, switched to custom molded and bonus of Bluetooth and much happier.

Back