Akra exhaust enquiry

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkHP4

Reaction score
Db Killer....... left in or taken out?

Whats the consensus on this and who has done what? Any difference (apart from being louder) or other affects to consider?

Akrapovič

Akrapovič exhausts are traditionally quite quiet even without a baffle fitted. The only time that you will really need the baffle is if you decide to use it for trackdays.

Re: Akrapovič

That makes sense, thanks.

Akrapovič exhausts are traditionally quite quiet even without a baffle fitted. The only time that you will really need the baffle is if you decide to use it for trackdays.

Hi Mark. I took the baffle out of my hp4 (decat) and I found it was very noisy. Personal preference and depends if you like your neighbours. :). I put the baffle straight back in and run it that way.

Db Killer....... left in or taken out?

Whats the consensus on this and who has done what? Any difference (apart from being louder) or other affects to consider?

That's the same kind of exhaust i have on the tyco mate and it's perfect it's not too loud either is it too quiet. i used to always de cat etc but i happy with this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines is decatted Mark and I've got my baffle in a box in the garage, not offensively loud when riding around town at low revs but sings at its best when accelerating up through the box at hi revs.
My dog will hear motorbikes from very far way where I live and will never reacts to any of them but knows mine from around 5 mins away (4 miles, I have worked out) and starts to bark and get excited at the front door waiting on me, my kids and wife have witnessed this many, many times and know to fire the kettle up.

Strange but true.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys, as most say, think i'll try it with in and out and see what preferred. Love the fact dog knows its you Jim, brilliant.

Akrapovič

You may also find that it will get louder with use as the exhaust packing inside degrades over time. I've just fitted a new replacement Akrapovič silencer on my S1000RR and compared to the last one, which had been used for nearly 6,000 track miles, it's noticeably quieter.

Back