Loose Battery Teminal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smemly

Reaction score
I'm probably posting up something that's well known but thought i'd share my last couple of days of "fun" with my RR. Luckily, i guess, i decided to put all the road gear back on my gen3 and give it a bit of a shakedown run or two after what feels like a long hibernation through winter. All in readiness for this years track fun.

Anyhow, on initial start the bike would struggle to start but i put this down to it needing a run after months on an optimate. First trip resulted in intermittent ABS/TC alarms & loss of speedo. My wrong diagnosis was that one of the ABS sensors was toast. As I have a spare, i swapped the rear sensor over and went for another ride.

Things got worse, with symptoms inc complete loss of rev counter & all lights dimming. This made me think that the two things were related & the battery must be toast. However, diagnostics with a multi meter didn't take long as before i tried to check voltage of the battery & charging circuit i had a quick look at the terminal connectors and found the negative was finger tight.... Ahh b0ll0cks etc.....

On the plus side, bike is running and now ready for a quick service before it gets shipped off to Aragon.

Thought i'd post here, just in case anyone is suffering similar issues.

I had a similar issue at the end of last season. My lean angle display, along with some other information, disappeared from my dash. The cause was a loose battery terminal and once tightened the problem never occurred again. I now check them every time I remove my race seat unit.

I will be doing similar from now on. Can't say it's something i've ever had to check before.

Back