Motorrad tail pack fitting issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Japcati

Reaction score
Does anyone here have the 30 litre Motorrad tailbag on their bikes?
The 1 thats moulded to the rear seat cowl shape.

I bought a used one off ebay,but alot of people on the various BMW bike forums report issues of the tailpack sliding forward on them when cornering and braking.

Anyone here able to comment on touring with the Motorrad tailpack?
Also just how "waterproof" are they?

Thanks.

Strapped down properly it won't move at all! Did around 1500 miles across to Germany and back last year and held up brilliantly. I've no doubt it will do the same this year. Didn't even move at 165mph! Can't comment on waterproof aspect as it didn't rain, but i don't believe anything that claims to be waterproof and lined it with a bin liner

Strapped down properly it won't move at all! Did around 1500 miles across to Germany and back last year and held up brilliantly. I've no doubt it will do the same this year. Didn't even move at 165mph! Can't comment on waterproof aspect as it didn't rain, but i don't believe anything that claims to be waterproof and lined it with a bin liner

Thanks for that.
I have Kreiga US30 aand US10 tailbags and they are fully waterproof.

But I saw the Motorrad 30 litre tailpack on Ebay and bought it

Did you use yours with the seat cowl or passenger seat fitted?

And did it scuff any paintwork on the bike?

Thanks.

Mine shuffles forwards, its hard to pin them down.

Actually soof wrapped his under strap. To protect the paint, but I bet it secures the bag down better.

Microfibre cloth around the strap

- Sent from Mobile

I have the Gen 2 bag on my Gen 3.... as above, used non slip matting first and then clipped to my pillion pegs.... you can also lift the seat and tie it under there. It did not move at all on the autobahn at similar speeds as above... again, I do not think they advertise as waterproof but splashproof... you can always keep a black bag.... I did have a page with some pictures....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I right in thinking that the tailpack is around 30 or 35 litres in volume?

It is there or thereabouts. Thought it said on the bag but just had a look and can't see it. You can fit plenty in with some creative packing.

There is a difference between the 1st and 2nd gen tail bags. They are different part numbers and the mould is different to fit the appropriate seat. Have you checked you have the right one.

Defo fit to a seat, not a cowl.

As Alex mentioned, if you wrap a piece of cloth around the strap that goes under the tail light section it will protect the paint and it's more secure that way as the contact area is bigger. (Edit - JimmyMac gave me that tip originally so credit to him).

Mine doesn't move around just like davids. I'd also agree about the waterproof bit. I wouldn't bet the house on everything staying dry, I didn't have any issues though.

The only problem I have with tail luggage is getting my leg over, but I think that's a comment about my life now lol.

Last edited:
It is there or thereabouts. Thought it said on the bag but just had a look and can't see it. You can fit plenty in with some creative packing.

Some travel vacum bags and rolling up of clothes?

Bought the Motorrad tankbag aswell,the one with the metal frame that bolts on over the tank cover.

Some travel vacum bags and rolling up of clothes?

Bought the Motorrad tankbag aswell,the one with the metal frame that bolts on over the tank cover.

Yea, just roll them up. I was quite surprised how much I could get in. I have the tank bag too, again no issues stays where it's put. Managed to get all spare bulbs, hi visible vest etc for France along with waterproofs, wallet, keys etc into that and kept the tail pack for clothes etc

There is a difference between the 1st and 2nd gen tail bags. They are different part numbers and the mould is different to fit the appropriate seat. Have you checked you have the right one.

Defo fit to a seat, not a cowl.

As Alex mentioned, if you wrap a piece of cloth around the strap that goes under the tail light section it will protect the paint and it's more secure that way as the contact area is bigger. (Edit - JimmyMac gave me that tip originally so credit to him).

Mine doesn't move around just like davids. I'd also agree about the waterproof bit. I wouldn't bet the house on everything staying dry, I didn't have any issues though.

The only problem I have with tail luggage is getting my leg over, but I think that's a comment about my life now lol.

Think I may have made a bit of a boo boo.

My bike is a Gen1,but I fitted a Gen2 back end to it.

And it looks like the tailpack I bought is a Gen1.

Think I may have made a bit of a boo boo.

My bike is a Gen1,but I fitted a Gen2 back end to it.

And it looks like the tailpack I bought is a Gen1.

Somebody on here would probably buy it off you if you put up an ad in the for sale section. Easy mistake to make and easy to sort.

Right,ordered a new tailpack off Joe Duffy BMW here in Dublin today. This time its for the 12-14 back end.
Will be here in 4 days,as its comming from Germany.
Got a good deal on it too.

Back