Old but Gold

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. Perseverance. I wasn't thinking that when it died on me 3 times after leaving Stephen's garage yesterday early evening. There were a few heated words said inside my helmet as I turned it around and pushed it up a hill which sounded very much like 'should've got the r9t'. Wasn't far away so managed to get it back to the garage just before they went home, dodgy fuel pump plug, resolved in minutes, the 'joy of vintage' as Stephen's Dad Graham commented ;).

Ha I can imagine :D Hopefully the teething issues will be done with soon :)

The front indicators are integrated into the headlight unit.

d76906d967fdc3aaeb3652f766363d43.jpg

The rear is an led strip with brake light and indicators

41e9e9926b82f0f39ebe81e495672349.jpg

Looks really good there Soof. That a Leo Vinci system on there. If so its really similar to the one I bought for my RR9 blade.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking great that Andy, you might get a part as an extra in heartbeat now mate.

When I was studying I did do some film extra work, had a stint on Soldier Soldier and a couple of other things. I was pushing for some extra work with Jenna Jameson back then but apparently I wasn't qualified enough :(.

Looks really good there Soof. That a Leo Vinci system on there. If so its really similar to the one I bought for my RR9 blade.

I got the exhaust from these guys:

http://cafe4racer.eu/en/bmw-k75-exhaust-pipe-parts/99-bmw-k75-exhasut-and-pipe-gp-pro-style.html

Took the baffle out the other day and it sounds amazing, pops and bangs really nicely when I roll off the throttle. :)

Ive a pic somewhere of my RR9. Its identical.. nice bit of Tig

Last edited:
How does it handle? Do the tyres tip in ok?

Its not at all bad tbh. I found the rear is still a bit stiff so I need to play with that a little (I might have lost a few pounds which has made it feel harder) but the front is good now. Between 40-65 it runs like a dream in the corners. Had a 4 hour run on it on Friday afternoon and it was so much fun. Being an oldie it doesn't like being unsettled in the corner with brake/throttle so I am finding it needs commitment going in to keep up the speed to get the best handling. The tyres tip in surprisingly fast, in fact the whole bike changes direction fast, which I like. Grip is fine, but starts to give up before the edge of the tread profile so I won't be getting my knee down on it for some time. When these tyres are done I'm going to ditch the knobbly idea and get something more sticky.

4 hrs is a good test - I was out on mine for the same and was in agony by the end from the stop start traffic (full on traffic jams and unhelpful drivers) and lack of decent roads where I could make progress - I hate the south, it's over crowded and boring. Even the comfort seat was no help - possibly made it worse and thus considering what to do with it.

Last edited:
I'm not selling but you're welcome to try my Sargent seat next weekend if you want, I think it'll fit?

The big ride did bring up a big issue with my seat too. My arse was killing me after about an hour of riding. Hard rear sus on country roads is just a killer. Good excuse for a stop but I'll need to address that over winter.
I think you're right about the south. Persuade the wife you need a weekend away in York and bring the bike.

Nice Andy.. I like older stuff too couple of my fav's..'72 Z1......'69 CB750.... it must be nice having a classic to get a run out on...

Nice mate..

S

I got inspired by Micks track slag radiator guard idea so went to B&Q and got some aluminium mesh. DIY radiator guard for ?7.... Quite happy with it as it's the first time I've tried something like this. Also plugged the air intake hole with some of the spare. Obviously I have cut my fingers to sheds lol.

7a33faf3c1de712b8b34e483d6884a39.jpg

3b41c79af4dc7e5da82b4762c2a3b8fd.jpg

Ok lads, it's with a heavy heart that I need to sell this bike on. I love it but I need to make some space in the garage for my new toy (not a bike) and 3 bikes is a bit of a squash. I cant justify an extension at the moment lol.

It owes me near to ?3k (half of which is new parts) so thats what I am looking for. Thought I'd ask on here if anyone fancied it, in the knowledge it is well sorted and mechanically sound, coming from a good home, been well looked after etc. Nothing needs doing on the bike, runs very well, I have been on a couple of decent rides with it and it never misses a beat.

I will do the usual ebay stuff in due course unless I get an offer first.

Back