Tail tidy

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masho46

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I'm from the derby area and pick up a 2016 're at the weekend is there any recommendations for a place to go to fit a tail tidy for me I hear they are a pig to fit.

i fitted an R&G tail tidy on mine without any issues (i'm not the most technical) ...can't comment on other brands but the R&G is pretty easy to fit and comes with full instructions ;) ...enjoy the new bike...it's a beast!

Tail Tidy

You might want to consider a tail tidy from SP Engineering. It's the only one that I've seen which allows you to retain both the OEM indicators and numberplate light and doesn't require any cutting or splicing of wires when fitting. I don't normally bother with tail tidies and such like but if I did that would be the one that I would purchase.

TBH everytime, I get the dealer to do it. They usually are more than accommodating on little things like that.

Hi Masho46,

Ive just fitted an SP Engineering tail tidy. Not too difficult and didn't require any cutting etc of wires. It only took 24 hours to arrive as well.
Really good customer service from Dave at SP Engineering.

Regards,

Dan.

Moto dynamics tail tidy even comes with the wiring adapter for number plate light so no cutting or spilcing of wires

Thanks guys for the help I've bought one off eBay dbmoto looks like the only thing I have to consider is cutting the wire for the led light not being electrically minded might have to find someone to fit it.

Back