Tec Bike belly pan?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzy

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a Tec Bike belly pan? I've gone the de cat route with a Dan Moto pipe and quite fancied the look of the belly pan. They advertise one for a full system and I wondered if anyone had fitted one with this pipe and what the quality and fit were like, thanks in advance for any advice.

Not fitted a tec bike 1 but the problem i had with my dan moto decat was that the belly pan wouldnt fit due to the clamps that come with the decat. If your welding it on then it wont be an issue

Thanks for that, I can weld the pipes if needed but I'm still unsure about the quality and fit.

I have one fitted to mine... I think. Not 100% sure on the make but looks exactly the same. Simple to fit and looks well in place. I have the cat fitted but there's only one fitting bolt that goes to the cat so I'm sure this can be eliminated with a simple bracket. Looking at their website it looks like this is exactly what they do. It's a two piece aluminium construction powder coated black, can't go wrong really

Is it just a extender your thinking of getting. I bought a full belly pan from here for about ?20 more. Decent enough product for the price
http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/products/Bellypan-for-BMW-S1000RR-by-Lacomoto.html

I've never stumbled across this. I'd say it's certainly more worthwhile than the extender. Mine was fitted when I bought the bike. Did you buy this unpainted? I've never really liked the unpainted black plastic fairing lowers mine has and thought about colour matching to the metallic black on the tail, now that i know these are available I'll not bother. I'll end up getting some of these and colour matching gen instead

I've never stumbled across this. I'd say it's certainly more worthwhile than the extender. Mine was fitted when I bought the bike. Did you buy this unpainted? I've never really liked the unpainted black plastic fairing lowers mine has and thought about colour matching to the metallic black on the tail, now that i know these are available I'll not bother. I'll end up getting some of these and colour matching gen instead

Yea got it unpainted as i was respraying my bike anyways. Mine arrived with a corner chipped off unfortunatly but a bit of a refund and some filler and it was good as new.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, I appreciate it. Snow, yeah, that does look good but as I've just had the bike painted I don't really want to do any more, should have looked into it beforehand. I've seen the one on ebay, it's ?40 more than the Biketec one and I was just considering options, the pictures on the biketec site aren't great and I just thought I'd ask before deciding which one to go for.

Buy direct from Lacamoto in Portugal.
Its cheaper.

Thats what i did with my big bang R1.

Shipping was fast too.

Back