2015 RR Track Prep

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePotteRR

Reaction score
Hi all, me again!

As we have now decided on a van as transport for the bike this opens up some doors for me in terms of preparing the bike. Namely Race Fairings as insurance for the standard Motorsport kit, along with more track focused tyres.

With regard to tyres, I am currently on Supercorsa SP's and am happy with the dry level grip. I have been looking at the Metzeler CompK Slicks with a view of longer tyre life with a similar (????) grip level. This would be my first forey into the world of slicks so I am apprehensive to go the whole hog for race slicks etc.

I am also looking for a cheap set of race fairings. Not too fussed on paint scheme and the cheaper the better. With Ryan vinyl wrapping his I may go down the plain fairing route and wrap them to keep costs down.

I am of course on a fairly tight budget but am willing to spend where it needs to be spent.

All recommendations are greatly appreciated as always.

Cheers,
Mike

Well I think I've done it a reasonably cheap way but with good quality parts.
CompK RR's + Diamond tyre heaters (which everyone rated that used/saw them in Spain)
But the SC's will do absolutely fine.

Cheap fairings vs fairing which fit.
These guys get a good rep;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Racing-Fa...561437?hash=item43f9f7961d:g:SacAAOSw-0xYPFCz

I do love this kit - it seems very complete for a starter. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Race-fair...825039?hash=item5d6bfee38f:g:-HQAAOSwImRYURzC

I have sourced a load of 2nd hand parts and whilst I may save some cash I'm not sure yet they all go together! :eek:

I'm on the road going SP version at the moment. Any benefit of the slick like a compk vs the SC race super corsa's

The CRC fairings look like a good bet and could probably get away without painting/wrapping them, at least for a while.

There are many tyres just use the SC you'll be more than happy, there is no need for a slick . Not the best wet weather tyre but certainly better than any slick if it's wet .
You also have tread so you won't get pulled on the road unlike a slick .
Do you have tyre warmers

Have you used BSB scrubs/take offs or is it best to plump for a new set?

ive got a set of Diamond warmers. First time out for them at Silverstone Wednesday just gone and wouldn't do a day without them anymore.

I just use scrubs never bought a brand new set for a track day . The last one was a Metzler race tech k3 that was equally as good as the SC I have used. Just fitted a dunlop gp 211 rear and a dunlop gp 212 front . They both came from ebay .
You can get good scrubs easily enough but you can also get tyres that are just worn out and fit for the bin

Some people like to buy new but I am too poor land tight lol

My tyres are fitted for free by a friend who has a big tyre centre which helps alot

When and where you going next I might do Oulton again on Wedneday with No limits Oulton is my nearest circuit

Scrubs it is. Thanks Toan. Next one is Silverstone on the 29th May. It's my local circuit and love the place. Will venture further afield next year with Oulton and Donington the next places on the list.

Dunlop GP212GP with tyre warmers. Work better than slicks at colder temperatures as still sticky as f@ck. Slicks will give better overall grip as long as you keep the heat in them.

Last edited:
I used CRC fairings http://www.crcfairings.co.uk/bmw-s1...f-race-fairings-with-seat--seatpad-2785-p.asp You will need their screen
Tyre warmers are a must as is a tyre pressure gauge Nothing wrong with Pirelli super corsa sc1 and sc2's

Bought crc for mine, they may well be the lightest out there but cosmetically they were crap. I have a crc seat (3piece), standard bellypan and a modified bellypan that's suitable if keeping the cats available if required....

Bought crc for mine, they may well be the lightest out there but cosmetically they were crap. I have a crc seat (3piece), standard bellypan and a modified bellypan that's suitable if keeping the cats available if required....

I can't complain about the cosmetic finish on mine as they were an ebay bargain at 100 for the full set inc screen but mine is an older model s1000 .They were a race teams old spares they no longer needed

Race Fairings

You are best off fitting a set that is specifically designed for your model year. There are plenty of sets available, in either fibre glass or carbon fibre, to suit all budgets. From what I've seen the most popular race fairing brands for the BMW are alpha Racing, Carbonin and CRC.

I prep our bikes from brand new to stock and GP spec.
These bikes are that good you could run quite well out of the box.
If you require any help please ask.

Back