FE Euro Trackdays insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just got mailshot from Kevin at FE saying they'll be reverting to specifying acceptable insurance...

SUNDAY SAFETY!
UK CUSTOMERS EURO TRACKDAY INSURANCE !

Unfortunately once again, we are having to specify which insurance companies we accept because riders with injuries are simply not receiving the correct medical treatment.

First and foremost what is important to realise is that at no time, would I want to create negativity towards either FE or Circuito de Almeria. But for those that really know me, my first priority is always your wellbeing and safety. Importantly, if things go wrong, as they can, I need to have the correct tools to look after you all in a professional, structured and competent way. Unfortunately, the insurers that we have stated that we will no longer accept are pushing you, the client, to the State hospital in Almeria, where the response is designed to stabilise the customer and release them as soon as possible, with the advice of: you need to go home to the UK to be assessed and managed.

Clients are being discharged from the hospital, mere hours after arrival, with serious concussions and breaks that are now being placed in slings and soft bandage splints with one customer recently being released with 4 broken ribs and advised to fly home, which is extremely dangerous if a broken rib then punctures a lung. This is simply not acceptable. Everybody today understands the seriousness of concussion injuries which is why standard procedure is to keep you in hospital under observation. it is also important to remember that with breaks and fractures unless treated correctly within 24hrs, there is a high risk of long term nerve damage.

There is innuendo that it's only Almeria circuit experiencing this problem and that we or FE have financial gain in pushing the customer towards private medical care, this is simply ridiculous and proves, once again, the dangers of fake news. I'm in regular contact with Markus at Cartagena circuit and they are experiencing similar issues with the same insurers, where hospitals are now approaching the circuit for payment for injured riders, as the insurers aren't paying their bills.

FOCUSED EVENTS DOES NOT SELL INSURANCE, Circuito de Almeria organises insurance for the customer. Again misinformation.

It is also important to understand this is only a problem experienced by UK customers at any EU circuit, with the problem revolving around these specific insurers.

It is unfortunate that some customers do not realise the problems associated with these policies. However, others are buying these policies purely on price, who are often not giving a second thought to a £300 set of tyres! Why would you not put your own welfare 1st.

Yesterday I assisted again in the Medical centre at the circuit...with a rider with serious injuries...it was then that I decided that I simply will not accept customers arriving with substandard insurance....would you expect us to let you on track with no gloves...

Let's be honest everyone, FE could so easily take your insurance document wherever it came from, and say "ok, great, many thanks" and not care. But that is not and will never be the FE way. I cannot continue to watch customers receive substandard care, especially when they are thousands of miles from home, when they need treatment to be 100% dedicated towards their welfare...and not side-stepping the issues.

Kind regards to you all, and hopefully you will understand that we see everything, and really care for you when you ride with us.

whilst i understand his sentiment,i've never known anywhere else to have insurance issues,thankfully i've never had to use my policy whilst abroad but know many that have without issue (the "cheaper" policies),so why is it just almeria/andalucia that has problems? it's always been like this.

We’re looking at going to Almeria in April with FE. I’ve been with FE twice now without issue and have to problem at all using them again. It’s £40 for insurance from them, which is nothing on the grand scheme of the trip. Better to pay it and know you’ll be covered should the worst happen.

I don’t know why people get their knickers in a twist. Not on here, but the other posts on Facebook and other forums I’ve seen this weekend since this was made public.

We’re looking at going to Almeria in April with FE. I’ve been with FE twice now without issue and have to problem at all using them again. It’s £40 for insurance from them, which is nothing on the grand scheme of the trip. Better to pay it and know you’ll be covered should the worst happen.

I don’t know why people get their knickers in a twist. Not on here, but the other posts on Facebook and other forums I’ve seen this weekend since this was made public.

Totally agree

This isn’t a new issue with Almeria and Andalucia, it’s been on the go for a while now and the majority of people know that the chances are they’ll need to purchase the insurance that the circuit sells before they go or even book it. FE euro trips are pretty much the cheapest around (I think) so just factor it into the price. Unless you’ve already got a euro policy in place then it’s only going to be 20 quid or so more than what a cheap single trip policy will cost anyway.

I use theirs now, only thing that changes is it means you probably don't need an annual policy, I just use theirs for Almeria and get a one off for any other trips I do.

They haven't actually recommended any companies that they do accept though which I thought would have been a good move for them? Just booked for Almeria in April but at £30 a day it's a lot more than other companies I've used who have been less than 1/4 of the price.

They haven't actually recommended any companies that they do accept though which I thought would have been a good move for them? Just booked for Almeria in April but at £30 a day it's a lot more than other companies I've used who have been less than 1/4 of the price.

The email they issued for their upcoming trip says it’s £40 for the 3 days

that leaves them open to claims of back handers etc though.

I dont think Kevin Healey would be stupid enough to get involved with an insurance scam.... From what I can gather it's circuit orientated, transport has to go past the state hospital to get to the private facility. If the private facilities are much more accommadating (which they should be) then I'm all for it. NO other insurance company will cover private care as far as I'm aware. What's not obvious is that no-one that signs up to it gets a copy of terms and cover conditions.

Paperwork is provided for the annual policies(unfortunately in Spanish).
With cover for a single event,it would seem a bit pointless issuing paperwork when all you do is hand it back to the organiser!
It should suffice to know you are covered.

Paperwork is provided for the annual policies(unfortunately in Spanish).
With cover for a single event,it would seem a bit pointless issuing paperwork when all you do is hand it back to the organiser!
It should suffice to know you are covered.

not sure i agree wit that,what if theres an admin issue and they have no record of you taking out the insurance? surely something to confirm,a receipt or anything to prove you have cover.

I was at Almeria with FE last weekend when the event happened that prompted the e-mail. There was a bad off on the start finish straight,I think due to touching a damp rumble strip. The rider had multiple suspected fractures & concussion. Thankfully they did have insurance that paid for the private hospital.

Kevin spoke with the group about insurance. It wasn't clear which policies were the ones that wouldn't pay for the private treatment. I think that they plan to publish a list of 'good' ones. I have a policy from Adventures, via PJ Hayman that was previously thought to be a 'good' one (it was certainly expensive at £517 for an annual policy). I have checked the wording and it says: 'Private medical treatment is not covered unless authorised specifically by Our Emergency Assistance Service.'

This is not particularly helpful as it implies that it might be given suitable justification. I will need to clarify this with the insurer and Focused Events.

Regarding the insurance available at the circuit, it isn't as cheap as some indicate. There were people there who said they had been quoted 30 euro / day. On top of this there is a 100 euro charge for the ambulance transport to the hospital.

Last edited:
My annual policy is up before my trip to Jerez in February. It would be good to see what the other options are before I renew it as I’m at Almeria in April as well and if I can get an annual policy that’ll cover me for both that would be better.

I suspect that insurance In general is going to be much more expensive if Brexit goes ahead, because there would likely be no reciprocal healthcare agreements if there is no deal. All policies would then need to include private care like for the US.

Last edited:
I was at Almeria with FE last weekend when the event happened that prompted the e-mail. There was a bad off on the start finish straight,I think due to touching a damp rumble strip. The rider had multiple suspected fractures & concussion. Thankfully they did have insurance that paid for the private hospital.

Kevin spoke with the group about insurance. It wasn't clear which policies were the ones that wouldn't pay for the private treatment. I think that they plan to publish a list of 'good' ones. I have a policy from Adventures, via PJ Hayman that was previously thought to be a 'good' one (it was certainly expensive at £517 for an annual policy). I have checked the wording and it says: 'Private medical treatment is not covered unless authorised specifically by Our Emergency Assistance Service.'

This is not particularly helpful as it implies that it might be given suitable justification. I will need to clarify this with the insurer and Focused Events.

Regarding the insurance available at the circuit, it isn't as cheap as some indicate. There were people there who said they had been quoted 30 euro / day. On top of this there is a 100 euro charge for the ambulance transport to the hospital.

Is that not included in the insurance at the circuit? Just not on the 'others'

Back