Hiya from a new member

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novacaine99

Reaction score
Just like to say a BIG hello to you all. I'm living in the Midlands region, I have the M sport on order PX my MV Agusta F4RR in for it. I've been informed the new BM has had a recall on it with cooling issues (water or oil I am not sure) I know there is a huge back log on the new bike with delays originally from April, have any members got details of the recall????? I can not find anything about it on the internet..... Still awaiting delivery date from the dealership and the sales guy doesn't even know what's happening at the mo. Many Thanks.

Just like to say a BIG hello to you all. I'm living in the Midlands region, I have the M sport on order PX my MV Agusta F4RR in for it. I've been informed the new BM has had a recall on it with cooling issues (water or oil I am not sure) I know there is a huge back log on the new bike with delays originally from April, have any members got details of the recall????? I can not find anything about it on the internet..... Still awaiting delivery date from the dealership and the sales guy doesn't even know what's happening at the mo. Many Thanks.

Welcome there's lots of good info in the Gen4 sub section including details on the recall.
In short there was an issue with oil galleries in a 1/3rd of the engines produced in May.

Good place to start is here; https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?14291-BMW-S1000RR-Gen-4-quot-Long-Term-Review-quot

Last edited:
hello and welcome :) . good luck and enjoy the BMW , will be interesting to see your views on on how the BMW compares to the MV

Cheers Fenick, can't see any problems with the new purchase apart from finally getting it. Has for the plank of a seat im already used to that on the MV. I've only been reading good reviews on the s1000rr, love my MV but it's now getting to 6yrs old and parts/servicing getting very expensive so hence the new purchase (seems like an eternity waiting for it tho, deposit down back in early March) I'm just praying the dealership gets her sooner than later as summer (not much of one so far) is passing so quickly and being a fair weather rider the bike gets stowed away during the winter months.

Hope your having more luck than me with a delivery date, mine been put back twice and the dealership not got a scooby of a date now that a re-call as been put in place

A belated welcome to the forum and congratulations on your M-Sport order!

What have been some of your favourite experiences onboard your MV-F4 and what has your ownership experience been like?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I am sure you will have many happy miles ahead of you onboard your Gen 4 RR in due course [emoji4]

- Oli

Hi Oli, many thanks for the warm welcome. My usual hunting ground is a ride out to Wales to blow the cobwebs off with a mate who's got a Honda SP1. I found the MV a pretty awesome bike to be honest, great throttle response and handling though my past as always been Kawasaki bias being a zxr750 and a zx9r. The only gripes I have owning the MV is the local dealership is total pants so been taking it elsewhere for service intervals and getting available spares for her a bit of a nightmare. Finding the forum information brilliant and can't wait to get my backside on the seat of my pending M sport (even tho its like a brick) just hoping it comes before summer ends, now feeling an eternity waiting as the availability date as now changed twice at Motorrad the latter being because of the recall.

STILL WAITING ;) Now have a delivery date end of July. WSB Sunday just gone ended up with a rear tyre puncture on the way DOH! Many thanks to the AA for the tyre plug :)

Back