hello everyone

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john eggleton

Reaction score
hi everyone just bought a 2016 bmw rr1000 love it up to now just joined this forum had a quick look around and already found some useful tips looking forward to getting more . im from hull so anyone nearby give us a shout

Welcome to the forum John and congratulations on your new RR!

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and what is your motorcycling history?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji4]

- Oli

alright phil and oli yes there seems loads of information on here most of it way beyond a thicko like me lol . my history is ive owned bikes from being 17 my earliest was a honda cb 175 which i passed my test on ducati 160 i think then a honda cb 350 , then i fell in love with kawasaki triples wish i had one now the prices there going for then a z1b 900 kawasaki after that a 900 kawasaki engine in a rickman frame a bit of a break had kids got a car well a people carrier lol had to i had 6 kids .then came back with a fireblade then a blackbird which was a lovely all round bike but i prefer the sports bikes so after looking and reading everything about the rr1000 i decided to take the plunge

Welcome to the site John, nice intro.

Six kids............. its a big telly you need mate and a subscription to sky.

Hope the bike is everything you hoped for.

JimmyMac

Haha my thoughts exactly about the 6 kids... man thats a vocation !... sounds like you were into bikes way back in the 70s.. old school mate, great era.

Welcome aboard..

S

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Last edited:
thanks lads it wasnt till after the 6th i realised were i was going wrong lol but there all good ,they look after the old codger now hes single

Hi John and welcome to the site.
This is a great forum and you will find all you require on it I?m sure.
Hope you like a joke too as I?m also sure JimmyMac and stuartb will have you in stitches.
Incidentally I?m from Hull too, so perhaps our paths will cross, that?s if they haven?t done already.

Last edited:
hi roadrunner i love a laugh and a joke nice to see someone local its strange but ive not seen another rr1000 in hull

Hello again John.
That?s true about the S1000RR
about these parts but I think it makes us a little select.
I find the bikes stand out in a crowd and I for one like that.
I wonder if we?ve bumped into each other without knowing?
Next time I see one around here it?s likely it?ll be you I expect.
I?ll keep a sharp lookout for you around my usual haunts 👍
Take care mate🙂

ok roadrunner will look out for u ride safe . hi phil yes been over the bridge a few times but went mainly down the coast road apart from last week when i went to gearchange in scunthorpe

Back