Bored so cleaned calipers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pof

Reaction score
Bored today so took the pads out, cleaned them up plus pins and clips. Pushed the pistons out as far as i dare and cleaned with break cleaner and a tooth brush. Now no binding [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Still too cold for me to get out on it today even though it was dry
e8585959c39c7019a91c5a3a5af7db0d.jpg
ef0e0c678e16a8aee804ed0ddd0ee0cc.jpg

Nice one, makes a heck of a difference cleaning out the callipers.
How?s the bike doing now, all OK?

Nice one, makes a heck of a difference cleaning out the callipers.
How?s the bike doing now, all OK?
All good oli. I put the original 9x7 numberplate on it and i just cant ride with it on it looks awful. So ive ordered a 7x5. Ive bridged the slick key as the buggers nicked that (fook knows why). The relays arrived from bmw last weds so are now in. Just waiting for 10c and dry

Bored today so took the pads out, cleaned them up plus pins and clips. Pushed the pistons out as far as i dare and cleaned with break cleaner and a tooth brush. Now no binding [emoji4]

I do that every time I change the pads. Well worthwhile.

Last edited:
I do that every time I change the pads. Well worthwhile.
The trackbike i do once a year but the road one i do twice a year due to the crud on the roads

Brake Calipers

I clean my brake calipers every time I change brake pads and at the beginning and end of every season.

Well I clean my calipers before each trackday and when changing the brake pads. It is very important in my opinion if you want the max of your brakes.

Bloody hell J, guardian angels with you that day.

Ps Remember the ?50 you still owe me.

Back