Hp4 running like a pig until 6k rpm

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gappo Mancini

Reaction score
Hi All, haven't been on here in a while but here's my problem....

I recently had the CCT (cam chain tensioner) changed on my 2013 hp4 because of a loud ticking at 4000rpm, after I picked it up the ticking had gone but now it's like a pig up to 6000rpm!

After about 10 minutes of riding it starts to stutter and feels laboured sub 6000rpm. Then there is a power surge at 6000rpm, I brought the bike back the guy who did the CCT he runs his own garage but is bmw motorad trained and very well respected so there is no issue here. He took it for a spin (approx 50 miles) and none of these issues were noticed by him.

When I picked it up today on the way home it started acting up again, a splurge of power no once you reach 6000rpm and running fine there after.

I'm now at a loss, could it be spark plugs, coils, fueling issues or something more sinister??

Any ideas/thoughts welcome and thanks in advance!

G.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There's 2 injectors per cylinder. It sounds like one might be dodgy, loose lead?

- Alex
Thanks Alex,

it's gone back to mechanic as we speak. If he is unable to get to the bottom of it I'm gonna Dyno it as a mate took it for a spin yesterday and had the same experience. It's certainly a fueling issue of sorts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back