Alternative Quick shifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting an aftermarket one. The standard one seems to get difficult to engage after lunch on a track day. Mainly dowwnshifts in particular.
I have to make two or three attemps and its hurting the top of my foot now.
I know the obvious alpha one, but I don't want to shell out if it just does the same.

Btw, the stock shifter connection (the splined connector at the top) needs to be horizontal for easiest actuation. Riding bananamans with it set out of horizontal it made the shifts much harder.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Btw, the stock shifter connection (the splined connector at the top) needs to be horizontal for easiest actuation. Riding bananamans with it set out of horizontal it made the shifts much harder.

Ill look into that, though is set as it left the factory.
Don't think its a set up issue as it works fine at first. Just seems to not work as slick as the day goes on. on

Hmmm so the HM has strain gauge tech and the Alpha reads to be a spring like the standard one. Also HM is adjustable for sensitivity whereas no mention of that with the Alpha. :confusion:

Alternative Quick Shifter

I?m really happy with my alpha Racing one. Whilst you can?t adjust the sensitivity like the HM unit it?s still very good and a significant improvement over OEM. Both are commonly seen on Superbike and Superstock specification race bikes so you can?t really go wrong with either.

Hmmm so the HM has strain gauge tech and the Alpha reads to be a spring like the standard one. Also HM is adjustable for sensitivity whereas no mention of that with the Alpha. :confusion:
Lohmann quickshifter (Alpha) is strain gauge as well.

There is no eletronical adjustment for sensitivity, only mechanical unlike HM.

The EWC team use the HM shifter...

I didn't believe you when I read it, but you're right. I wonder why

85050625b0a740e37ed14d0cd2d52448.jpg

I wonder how much a race model of HM vs. Alpha ?

I wouldn't bother with HM for track days. Alpha works well out of the box and is perfectly reliable and easy to shift on track days.

It wasn't so much the connection on the spline but the action at the lever. I have to have the lever lower to be able to release after shifting up (race shift) due to long legs which then puts it at the wrong position meaning shifting down the foot is levering against it as oppose to under it.

I've just ordered the HM Quickshifter for my Gen 3 so I'll post what I think vs standard QS. It needs to be a fair bit better than the standard one given the price. J

I've just ordered the HM Quickshifter for my Gen 3 so I'll post what I think vs standard QS. It needs to be a fair bit better than the standard one given the price. J

I did that but changed it back again, just wasn't happy with it. From my take on it, it's too direct for the gearbox. With the BM one, its sprung loaded (which gives it that vague feel) so when pressure is applied it gives the box a millisecond or so to line up before engaging. There was also talk of that being the culprit for ruining boxes....

I know the translogic inteli shift one i had ruined the gearbox on my zx10r. ?1500 repair bill :miserable:
Tbh I'm leaning towards the Alpha as I don't really need any adjustments if its slick enough from the box.

Back