Track Day Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMAC77

Reaction score
So a I?m sure there are plenty on here that know plant on this subject.

As far as track day insurance goes, what insurance do you have? I?m planning on doing maybe 4 or 5 track days next year, one of which may be in Italy. Does insurance cost vary like road insurance?

Also, I?m hoping to visit the Nerburgring if a trip to Germany is allowed too. I?ll be wobbling around there, so would separate insurance be recommended? Any tips on where to stay from people who have been would be appreciated too.

Kris

In Covid times, none of the UK insurances are valid if FCO doesnt advise to travel to certain country.

If you're talking about track insurance cover your bike it's pretty costly.
Mce do it that covers you in uk, not sure about abroad. When i looked into it they paid out about 60% of bikes value and minimum claim was 1k. Used to be included in your policy so better than nothing I guess.
I enquired last year with bemoto about cover for jerez.
It was ?600 for the 3 days. Total cover to a value of 21k. If it was that a year I'd take it out but as i do half a dozen trips a year, worked out too costly even though i thought it was actually good value for money.

Last edited:
Plans will be worked around that. It may be it ends up being UK only.

Just had a look on RBG?s website. Great option, thanks for that.

I use BEMOTO. The more you book the cheaper it is. I usually book 8. Worked out about 85 quid from memory.

I?ve got road insurance with BeMoto, so I?ll definitely be giving them a call.

Is that for Europe?
As said mine quote was ?600 for 3 days in jerez, total loss.
He never said I could reduce the cover !!
I'll look into it again when I can eventually go.
Cheers

Ah sorry that was the UK, should have said. I have not had a quote for Europe. But yeah the more you book the cheaper it gets. But i do not know if that is the same for Euro trips.

Hello,

Has anyone had any recent quotes to provide the compulsory medical insurance cover for European track days? I know that RBG cover Iberia for a reasonable cost, but I'm looking for coverage for Italy.

The UK market seems to be highly dislocated at the moment. Many of the brokers are simply not selling policies - I guess they have a common underwriter who isn't playing ball. PJ Hayman, which was always relatively expensive but had a much higher coverage amount, seems to have doubled its prices of late. I've just been quoted almost ?900 for 60 days of cover, or ?225 for three days at Mugello.

If anyone has any contacts in overseas insurer such as RBG which will do the job, I'd be grateful to hear about them.

At the moment, I'm feeling over the barrel...

Thanks,

CJC

For Mugello I was forced to use the french firm: assuretonsport.com

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello,

Has anyone had any recent quotes to provide the compulsory medical insurance cover for European track days? I know that RBG cover Iberia for a reasonable cost, but I'm looking for coverage for Italy.

The UK market seems to be highly dislocated at the moment. Many of the brokers are simply not selling policies - I guess they have a common underwriter who isn't playing ball. PJ Hayman, which was always relatively expensive but had a much higher coverage amount, seems to have doubled its prices of late. I've just been quoted almost ?900 for 60 days of cover, or ?225 for three days at Mugello.

If anyone has any contacts in overseas insurer such as RBG which will do the job, I'd be grateful to hear about them.

At the moment, I'm feeling over the barrel...

Thanks,

CJC
Trackday insurance is not compulsory

UK TDOs make it compulsory

Ask any European at trackday and none have any

None of European TDOs ask for one

It's such a scam

Last edited:
If you can't get on a euro track with a UK company then it is compulsory. It's not compulsory in UK (home country), sounds like the same in any other countries?

Back