S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanThouRR

Reaction score
Hello from the South West, I am a newbie to the s1000rr world ive only just purchased my 2016 motorsport sk1 and absolutley love it. I have only managed to ride it twice due to picking it up at the beginning of December!!! Hoping to clock up many happy miles in the summer. Im sure you guys are all in the know on here, so I am lookking forward to getting many hints and tips about the bike.

Cherrs

Dan

Welcome to the forum Dan and congratulations on your new RR!

Am very glad to hear that you?re already loving your new steed after only a couple of rides, I guarantee you that smile doesn?t wear off [emoji16]

What sort of riding do you enjoy?

Enjoy the forum, there?s a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
May you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Hi Dan, hope you get some more use of your bike soon pal, it's murder when you're itching to go but can't for whatever reason.
Meanwhile enjoy the banter and knowledge that is always floating about here like the aroma of 2 Stroke if you are old enough to remember.

Welcome.

JimmyMac

Hi Dan
I?m from the south West and always up for a ride out, when the weather gets better [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dan welcome to the forum... lots of great info and good chat on here..
If you sin up as a premier member theres a stack of benefits, its well worth the small fee...

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Dan welcome to the forum... lots of great info and good chat on here..
If you sign up as a premier member theres a stack of benefits, its well worth the small fee...

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

+1 on what Stuart says. Premier membership is well worth it. Amongst other things you sometimes get the chance to win a free set of tyres ;-)

@stuartb
Metzeller Roadtech 01?s

They?re quality rubber, certainly get the thumbs up from me! Furthermore, your fellow Scott is doing a write up on them [emoji16]

Last edited:
I just looked them up there..sports touring, they look good.

Interestingly enough they do a 2 ply rear HWM (Heavy Weight Motorcycles) tyre..I'm guessing this is for the big Fatties on their Hogs

hog rider.jpg

They look excellent so they do, are they a performance tyre or sports touring Oli

Stuart

I think they look like intermediate race tyres lol.

They?re classed as Sport Touring, so only available in 190/55 rear. However, in my experience they certainly fulfil the ?sport? in Sport Touring. For me their best attribute is the wet weather performance, I?ve not found anything better, remind me of PR3?s yet considerably better then those in the dry.

In my opinion, they are a consummate UK road tyre, only limitation would be track use

I think they look like intermediate race tyres lol.

They’re classed as Sport Touring, so only available in 190/55 rear. However, in my experience they certainly fulfil the “sport” in Sport Touring. For me their best attribute is the wet weather performance, I’ve not found anything better, remind me of PR3’s yet considerably better then those in the dry.

In my opinion, they are a consummate UK road tyre, only limitation would be track use

They get a good write up, there's stacks of good tyres on the market..sometimes it's all in the head and other people's opinions when buying tyres..I'm a Michelin man, but a couple of sets of M7RRs gave me sterling service..yes I seen they only do up to a 190.

Stuart

They get a good write up, there's stacks of good tyres on the market..sometimes it's all in the head and other people's opinions when buying tyres..I'm a Michelin man, but a couple of sets of M7RRs gave me sterling service..yes I seen they only do up to a 190.

Stuart

+1 loads of excellent tyres at the moment and I fully agree it comes down to personal preference on ?feel?.

I think it?s a shame Sport Touring tyres aren?t offered in 200 rears, can?t understand it ...

200 rears are for track use , getting extra contact at lean some bikes come with them on out the showroom, but 190 are totally adequate for road especially a touring tyre, hence new dunlops, v02 etc come 200x60 or 200x65 more side grip,

Oh I agree, you don?t need more than a 190, certainly not on the road.
But when all the latest super bikes TC come programmed for 200 rears, it would just be simpler to have the 200 option available across the board.
Speaking of 200/60, I believe SuperCorsa SP?s will be available in that profile soon

200 rears are for track use , getting extra contact at lean some bikes come with them on out the showroom, but 190 are totally adequate for road especially a touring tyre, hence new dunlops, v02 etc come 200x60 or 200x65 more side grip,

The 60/65 alters the rolling circumference..

so a 190 65 will travel slightly further than a 190 60 and maybe overall is the same rolling circumference as a 200 55.. when I worked in the tyre game a long time ago we used to have these figures of the top of our heads..

a 165 x 13 lol...that's right all laugh.. had an 80% breadth of tyre to sidewall height so it was a 165 80 x 13, which had the same RC as a 185 70 x 13 beyond that you had to change rim sizes to 14s.. then you could fit a 195 60 x 14 all had the same RC as the 165 x 13.

Maybe I will look that up.

Stuart

The standard rims on the s1000rr come with 190 and the tc is factory set for 190. Forged rims come with 200 and the tc is set for running a 200. Bmw say you should have the tc settings changed by the dealer if you mix and match, i.e. 190 on forged or 200 on standards, but I havent heard of anyone having any issue mixing with not having the tc changed.

I'll stick to the 200s. One thing for sure that 200 has a way more rounded profile than a 190 with the same aspect ratio.

Stuart

Back