Rear axle chain tensioners

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northernsoul65

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
after changing wets back and forth a bit yesterday at Donnington i think it's probably good to invest in some of these.
Are they worth it, do they make wheel changing and chain tensioning much easier?
What would people recommend?
Any for sale?

cheers
John

Go the whole hog. Get the L74 quick change kit, Lightech adjusters. quick release rear wheel and underslung (captive) caliper.

Rear Wheel Changes

The cheapest option is to just buy captive spacers and practice changing the rear wheel. Aftermarket chain adjusters are nice to have but not essential. If cost isn't an issue then buy an underslung rear caliper kit, or if you have a Gen 4, then you could always a buy a caliper retaining kit from the likes of Fortis Racing.

Re: Rear Wheel Changes

The cheapest option is to just buy captive spacers and practice changing the rear wheel. Aftermarket chain adjusters are nice to have but not essential. If cost isn't an issue then buy an underslung rear caliper kit, or if you have a Gen 4, then you could always a buy a caliper retaining kit from the likes of Fortis Racing.
captive..... as in they stay seated in the wheel?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

After market goodies are nice to have but very rarely have to adjust my chain once it's set and not into changes against the clock lol .

After market goodies are nice to have but very rarely have to adjust my chain once it's set and not into changes against the clock lol .
would be nice not to risk missing any sessions with wheel changes. The captive spacers look like a nice simple cost effective bit of kit. Maybe it's just a case of keep practising as well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rear Wheel Changes

captive..... as in they stay seated in the wheel?

Yes. They just stay seated as opposed to falling out and rolling across the pit garage whilst your trying to slot the rear wheel in! Simple, cheap and effective.

after changing wets back and forth a bit yesterday at Donnington i think it's probably good to invest in some of these.
Are they worth it, do they make wheel changing and chain tensioning much easier?
What would people recommend?
Any for sale?

cheers
John

Lightech are best in class

Id be interested in this. How does it work, if its keeping the caliper in normal position you cant get the wheel out past it.

The screw on the adjuster will go the way through to the caliper bracket.. I had a fast frank setup the same on my zx10 didnt rate it very much. The underslung caliper helps alot in wheel changes

Back