Not something you see everyday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That reminds me of a night time incident 12 years ago on a road somewhere in the middle of Germany.. I wondered why the two cars in front of us suddenly braked, only to find out a couple of push bikes were scattered on the lane we were in...must have fallen off a roof rack or whatever... totally dodged a bullet as we were all nicking on theres no way I would have seen them.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nope never seen one of them before , never been passed by a van either though , come to think of it ?

Lucky escape.
I'd avoid video'ing your speedo. Never know when you'll meet an officer who wants the footage.

- Alex

I came across something similar on the M4 one busy Saturday. Right in front of me in middle lane was a ladder that had fallen off a van. Owner of the ladder was in the hard shoulder attempting to dodge traffic to run out to retrieve the ladder. Managed to avoid both, & hope the foolish owner was lucky.

That reminds me of a night time incident 12 years ago on a road somewhere in the middle of Germany.. I wondered why the two cars in front of us suddenly braked, only to find out a couple of push bikes were scattered on the lane we were in...must have fallen off a roof rack or whatever... totally dodged a bullet as we were all nicking on theres no way I would have seen them.

Same thing happened to me on the M1 north on an unlit section, push bike in the middle of the lane. Dodged right as outside lane clear but still hit it at 70. Made a bit of a mess but car still drivable. Got lucky.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lucky it was your motor Jimmy.... hitting that on a bike is a definite trouser arse ripper

Back