Headlights not working

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattwade24

Reaction score
After some help please guys.. I have a 2013 HP4C, I went out on the bike last night, no issues, when i got home I attempted to fit some C6 LED headlights, plugged them in and they would not turn on, changed the plug around to check the polarity and nothing. I then put the original halogen bulbs back in, but now these won't work either... neither main headlight or high beam works. Checked the fuses and they were fine. Any ideas?

The headlights at H7, I assume this LED is compatible?

Is it both or one headlight?
If one is it the round or more rectangular one?

The round only lights up if you hit the flasher/highbeam.

- Alex

The headlights at H7, I assume this LED is compatible?

Is it both or one headlight?
If one is it the round or more rectangular one?

The round only lights up if you hit the flasher/highbeam.

- Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, they are compaible, i was actually recommended them.

Nethier side works (main beam large headlight, or the smaller headlight when you try and flash/full beam).

Matt

Hi, Did you try starting the engine? It maybe simply the voltage of the battery might be too low and from what I've seen from my own bike, it turns off the lights to save the battery even with the ignition on and also won't fire them up till there's sufficient voltage. Might be worth plugging in a GS-911 if you can get hold of one to see if it's thrown up any fault codes as well.

J

Hi, Did you try starting the engine? It maybe simply the voltage of the battery might be too low and from what I've seen from my own bike, it turns off the lights to save the battery even with the ignition on and also won't fire them up till there's sufficient voltage. Might be worth plugging in a GS-911 if you can get hold of one to see if it's thrown up any fault codes as well.

J

Yeah, i did wheel it out the garage and fire it up with the LED bulbs attached, do you recon it's worth taking it for a run with them in to double check?

I'll look into a GS-911 - sounds like a useful tool! Thanks

Matt

Hi, to be honest if the engine fired up, I doubt it's a voltage problem. I've fitted both HID's and LED's to my '15 S1000RR without problems apart from polarity on the LED's. May have throw up a fault that needs to be reset?

Back