2017 S1k ideas

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephens1000rr

Reaction score
Right so as I?m waiting to pick up my s1000rr, I?m looking to get some ideas for it? If anyone could forward pictures or links on different mods, cool decals or some ideas would be great :)

cheers
stephen

Attachments

• 9211E9D1-9C74-4B01-823D-F79DB2D17620.jpeg
    9211E9D1-9C74-4B01-823D-F79DB2D17620.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 127
Front reflectors come off with heat and isopropyl wipes ;)

Alpha carbon frame covers are great and protect the frame from wear and tear.

- Sent from Mobile

Paint it pink, I remebmer you drooling at Bray Hill, maybe some extra glitter, lol.

I think your paintjob is the best at the moment Stevie, the red is just the right amount to balance with the blue and white, I'm a little bias though being a Rangers man.

Would maye put a shock tube on it and some radiator guards for starters.

JimmyMac

If it was me:

rad and oil cooler guards
HP rearsets (oem are slippy in the wet)
Rear hugger without the hole. CF.
Wurth dry chain lube.
Swingarm bobbins.
Ventureshield.

If you have more money to burn after that lot...

New levers, hp or other,
front axle crash bungs
frame covers cf,
tinted screen
full length belly pan that hides the cat.

edit. Conquest carbon will do you good discount on cf as a premier member.
have you got insurance sorted, if not try bemoto.

Last edited:
ive not long picked up mine, 360 miles ago and all ready fit venture shield, HP rear sets, HP levers, fullsix carbon chain guard, fullsix carbon hugger, flush mount greggs front indicators, evotech tail tidy, evotech rad guard and oil cooler guard, r+g bobbins, dual compound grips and today a zero gravity light tint double bubble screen. just a sc project or similar end can. maybe a racefit if they sort one for the 17 soon. :)

Last edited:
Can’t fault the red white and blue jimmy haha, I remember I went for a quick shaft in the loo after seeing your hp4 everything fits absolutely prefect!!

Suspension

Get your suspension set up first and then worry about bolt-on parts.

Can't believe anyone would buy a brand new bike and want to change it straight away lol, motorgrafix do a nice protection kit for the 2017 looks really nice fitted and also helps protect from stone chips etc

Attachments

• IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0785.JPG
    IMG_0785.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 75
Can't believe anyone would buy a brand new bike and want to change it straight away lol, motorgrafix do a nice protection kit for the 2017 looks really nice fitted and also helps protect from stone chips etc

Looks neat that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

although its a new bike ive been riding the same bike for 2 years all ready, most of the parts ive swapped over from my 2015 as its pritty much the same bike so i all ready knew what parts i need to swap to make it right for me. only parts i have bought for the new bike is venture shield, tank pad and the screen (the old screen was stone chipped) :)

Last edited:
I'm a little bias though being a Rangers man.

JimmyMac[/QUOTE]

I knew it Just knew it !....thats whats wrong with you...a Rangers fan...

Been trying to figure it out for a couple of years what was actually WRONG with you..the cats out the bag now...

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Stephen ,
As Ryan said , always suspension first , set sag as this doesn?t alter no matter how many miles U do and then play as the miles progress with the ddc.
Upgrade brake pads to Sc , givesabout 30% extra stopping power and releases the heat nicely.
Tyres ... u need to stick to the tarmac and rubber is down to personal riding preferences.
Bolt on tat .. and we all love it. Footsets .. all important rider positioning . Get this right to avoid quick shifter issues. Levers , lever guards , positive vibe bar ends to numb out that those dreaded vibes.

Most importantly... enjoy the already immensely enjoyable s1000rr. Standard it?s amazing , personalised its iconic to u

49b9169760d45da3f65e0fdef062a9c1.jpg
96e1ff1c6097521a40befb251b78ce48.jpg
bd5a82f922bb4d3c13f5d61afddef594.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheers jay will get a look at the suspension I?m sure want to look at getting a full system and rapid race,

Tell me this where did you get your tail tidy? Bike looks mint mate

Thanks
Stephen

I made it buddy. Simple enough . Infact it?s in my posts somewhere. And the hugger doesn?t touch it even when been airborne. I had mate ride behind keeping close eye and he says no issue.
U can?t go wrong with the full system and Rapidbike . I rave about the Rapidbike as it?s an excellent piggy back module but also coz u can add to it to literally perfect the AFR,s by building seperate maps for each cyclinder . It?s a bit over board for daily riding but if u want the best from ur machine then it?s awesome to be able to do this simply by plug and play.
Thanks for the kind words buddy, any advise re Rapidbike just fire away ... I should have shares in the company I?ve researched the products that much [emoji23]

Yeah I was thinking of just making my own, did you use L brackets or? And what size is your plate?

Yeah I?m not sure who works on the rapid bike over in Northern Ireland don?t suppose you would know? Good thing you know a lot about it! Saves me countless hours reading hahahaha

Cheers
Steve

I used an old Suzuki tail tidy I had lying around and cut the v section off it so it?s now an L Shape allowing me to bolt to the underside.
I will look fir the post for u as it?s all listed if memory serves me correct .
Purchase the Rapidbike racing from Performance Parts via Liam . Infact Alex on here had a forum deal going so check in with him if it?s still live if not I can have word for you.
Can u fit it urself ? If so u don?t need dyno as it?s auto adaption fixes it self to ur bike andxafter 200 Mile would of taken any issues away.
I don?t know anybody in Northern Ireland however a lad on here from cork may , Corkgsxr his user name , great lad whom one of the first to go the rb route so will advise u I?m sure. He did have the evo module and we worked out the racing module is a lot better as it maps the ignition and the jets.
The base map fitted in all Rapidbike for the s1000rr 2017 I actually had built so can verify it?s great straight out the box.
Size of plate ... 8x3.

Ahh right you can do it your then..... I thought it was abit like a power commander it?s term off details the numbers in lol.. yeah I think I?d pay the extra few quid and get the rapid race module....

Thank for the info mate I?ll give you a shout when I go to buy one and you can point me in the right direction lol

Again appreciate all the info mate (Y) :)

yes possibly will loosen and bed in a bit, but ddc is like marmite,,

i was all ways told to ride it a few times before setting the sag and when setting the sag take it for a run first to warm everything up, especially this time of year. i quite like the ddc for the road not sure what its like on track as i have ohlins all round on my track bike. :)

Back