New Bike Arrives Saturday....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First post so thank you for taking the time to read this..

After almost 2 years I finally convinced the boss (wife) to let me buy a new bike, so I took myself off to my local BMW dealer and took the S1000rr for a test ride. What can I say, it’s a beast that has probably cost many a rider their licence.. lol....When I returned to the dealer I just couldn't help myself so I went and bought one straight away in Sapphire Black. It hasn’t arrived yet but I pick it up this Saturday. I'm like a kid waiting for xmas to arrive. I've already bought some mods, all cosmetic and once I get hold of the beast I'll fit them and post some pic's. I've been riding a CBR600RR for the last 7 years and as much as I love that bike it’s time for it to go.

I have a small dilemma which I hope you can help out with, As I’m now completely skint having bought the bike and sorted out insurance, I can’t afford a full exhaust system, so I’m left considering which slip on to choose from. I’ve had a scorpion end can on my CBR which sounds fantastic and the new GP series looks mean. What would you recommend? I know performance and weight is a big selling point but for me it’s all about looks and sound. I like my pipes to be loud, I’m not going to take it on the track (I use other peoples bikes) and I’ll suffer the consequences if I’m pulled by the old bill… Oh, I would prefer carbon..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grasshopper

None of the slip ons are that much louder so its pretty much a cosmetic upgrade. I personally love the Austin stuff but most of them look very good and should give that little bit extra power to keep up with the motorsport coloured s1k's ;)

Cheers mate, they do look good and the power increase seems better than most. Do I need to wait till the bike is run in or can I stick it on straight away?

Welcome to the forum buddy, I am sure there are plenty on here who will be able to advise you on which can is best. Enjoy and ride safe.

First thing to buy, rad and oil cooler guards ;D
I purchased an Austin slip on and it looks great, no increase in noise at all but looks the dogs. My mate has an Akrapovic which has increased the noise a little and looks great too.

Thanks for the advice. Just had some new parts arrive in the post, can't wait to get them fitted. Rad and oil cooler guards is sound advice, I'll get it sorted. Cheers

Hi and welcome

Like me mate picking mine up Saturday in red/white and cannot wait

I have always had mivv on my past 2 blades and looking at one for the BMW but they look awfull so I'm in the same boat as you what to go for

Cheers

G

I think my mind is made up, The Austin Racing ARCS with a GP end can looks and sounds great. Just need to run the bike in first before putting it on.

dont bother with the short end can unless you really like the noise
its loud as fuck , in fact i still have my old can , i got a longer one , which is still pretty small.
It still sounds top banana though and the noise man can't put his audiomater probe into the can at track days

Back